Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people! I have been reading this forum for weeks and have managed to find a problem that hasnt been brought up yet! :shock: (Or at least I dont think!)

I changed the bulbs in my dashboard to a cool blue neon colour which went perfect! After taking the top of the steering column off I then found when I indicate left, the indicator no longer switches off automatically! If I indicate right it works fine! I have tried turning the wheel all the way to the left and then back to the right but it stays on.

Any suggestions people?? I drive a 53 reg sri if that helps!

·
Registered
48 Posts
possibly you've knocked the stalk out of allignment with the steering wheel and it aint clicking itself back properly :?
someone with a haynes manual will help you out mate :wink:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had a quick look in the good old Haynes manual but found nothing to do with this sort of problem. The rubber thing went back ok I think. I took it off again today to check but still same problem.

Well if no one else has had this problem it must be something I have done wrong!!

Its a good job my brother works for Vauxhall! I just didnt want him to know I have taken my dash apart!! :roll:

Thanks people!!

Andy

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Try the correction with the cover off altogether, and watch how it works. Look at the tags on the wheel/switch. Something may become obvious (snapped tag etc) when you see it in action.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed it!! :)

I took the top of the steering column off and spun the wheel a few times, after a while it seemed to click back into place! Sorted!

Thanks people!

Andy

·
Registered
93 Posts
shinobi said:
I've taken my speedo unit out a few times and had no probs. Did you put the ribbed ruber surround around the stalk back in place properly?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry couldn't help it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts