Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
this has probably been asked b4 so forgive me for me askin again but i cant find ne info :shock: . neways here it goes im lookin for a decent induction kit to make my car roar and get rid of that raspy noise. also im lookin if possible for some sort of performance increase either by removin flatspots or allowing the car to climb the revs easier. ne induction kits out there which are either enclosed for heat protection or cold air feed?

cheers guys ne help appreciated

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Dont go for an induction kit unless your prepared to waste alot of fuel, just get a replacement panel filter instead, that will eliminate the flat spots and give a little extra noise + performance, dont expect much in the way of performance as its only a 1.2 but the difference is noticeable!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for the newb question but do u have a pic pointin out where the panel filter is ?
i dont wanna drill my airbox tho as some1 made a post earlier listing some very big disadvantages of drilling it

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
i thought that just replacing the panel made no noise change at all?!

Iv got a piperx and am gonna make a cold air feed when i get around to it! although i have had no probs with decreased mpg or flatspots!

The car seems to pull a little better and the noise is impressive! doesnt sound like a 1.2! ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats wat i thought , i thought the engine need more air or sumthin for the sound and not just a panel filter, plus i aint fussed about mpg

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats wat i thought , i thought the engine need more air or sumthin for the sound and not just a panel filter, plus i aint fussed about mpg

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
An induction kit will give you noise and increased fuel consumption and 'as-good' performance as a panel filter, if not worse in some cases, try using the search button at the top of the page as the topic has been covered many times before

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
When you force more air into the engine the fuel system pumps more fuel in accordingly which increases the consumption. A panel filter (a better one) allows more air through it and will give you a little extra grunt however not SO much that the mpg will drop excessively, there are mixed opinions on this topic from people who have experienced different findings from the use of filters etc.

Personally, i had a k&n induction kit (no cold air feeds) and this increase fuel comsumption alot, gave a fair bit of noise and im not sure but probably hindered my performance (flatspots when moving off). The standard airbox already has an airfeed running from the front of the top grille and a performance filter will allow more air into the engine as already stated, this will give decent performance, no flatspots (not that ive found so far) better mpg and slightly better noise, if you just want noise, get a bigger exhaust.
If you go for an induction kit then several cold air feeds may improve noise and performance etc. up to you its never gonna be that fast though to be fair, at the end of the day its still just a 1.2

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah, gotta agree, the panel filter feels more responsive, and it does make a sucking noise above 4k rpm.

The best thing I've done for noise is the BB, and not it just sounds nice, and picks up a lot better than it did.

Mind you I've changed to shell optimax as well, which helps performance a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts