Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys me and a mate fitted my induction kit over the week end and done it all how the instructions said, but i have noticed a weird nocking noise when the car is upto temp but idle,but nuffink appears to be lose is this common or have i doen something wrong?

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
use something to hold the filter in place zip ties or something like that, then go for a drive see if it stops the problem :)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a K&n 57i kit and mounted it were the instructions instructed, it is mounted of the front bolt on the engine bracket.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Mine did this when i first fitted it,It because my also bolts onto the Engine Mount and i hadnt tightend it enough so when i was driving (Underload Etc) My Engine Mount was knocking around.I took my Car to my work and buzzed it in with an Air Gun and my it's fine.

You may think it's tight enough but it properly isnt.Them bolts need to be quite tight for a obvious reason.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers mate thats is probly it ill put some Foot pound behind it in the morning, if i can find the tool to do so,

·
Registered
21,815 Posts
Cables ties ftw.
Air filters fteaten my air sensor:-(

You actly fit this or stand twiddling ya thumbs while chris did?
:lol: :roll:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dont tell me about cold, I spent 4 hours under my car in the snow to change the wishbone.
You wimp:p haha

i have some crap circulation problem wich makes my hands go white and numb :(

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just finally got around to tightening that bolt i put it to 80 foot pound with a tork rench but still makes the noise, i managed to get a couple of videos anyone know what it could be?

[ame=http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad28/jcsxi/?action=view&current=Video0073.flv]
[/ame]

allso i have noticed the black cable that use to conect to air box is clicking is this normall?

[ame=http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad28/jcsxi/?action=view&current=Video0072.flv]
[/ame]

allso picks of how the induction kit is fitted atm,

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

mine done exactly the same mate with the kn filter dunno why!! mine got fitted during a service then the noise started i couldnt find the problem, in the end it was the cone tapping slighlty on the bonnet like you said only on idle so i went out and i got a piper-x induction kit bigger induction noise and no tapping noise ftw

1 - 20 of 25 Posts