Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a new replica dbilas inlet manifold fitted

Now on the way home, it doesn't seem as fast and now seems quieter, is it me expecting more? I'm also booked into mpg on Saturday for a remap to tie things in better.

Other mods, Reprofiled cams, piper manifold sports cat full system, dbilas flowmaster

Any info is welcomed

Jim

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
^ not the ebay ones! + would still need a map with the other mods on!

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I no it needs a map that's why its booked in with midpoint on Saturday but just expected more from it on its own

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Mine seemed to make quite a bit of diffrence aswell.Sure everything is tight and on properly Etc?

Once it's Remapped it might sort it out.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy who supplies them on ebay fitted so would think it was fitted fine

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
it will be giving horsepower mate, you just wouldnt notice it as much i was disscussing this lasnite, i noticed the inlet mani when i had a standard zuast but when i fitted the piper mani + system on satday it smothed it out and seems to pull less at the top of the revs but it has given more power + speed.

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
i was abit dissapointed after fitting mine - didnt notice much apart form it had pushed all the power up the rev range and it felt like it wanted to keep going past the limiter and generally felt flat before 4.5k.

i had mine mapped at MPG wioth before and after RR and it it becomes massivly obvious comparing the graphs that it really does need a rempa after fitting to sort the torque curve out.

mine pulls pulls like a fecking beast from 2k to 7.3k now :) ask ian what he thoguht about the one that he done 19th of december that rolled 178.9 :D

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
should be a couple of hours job if you know what your doing...

the only issue you have is that coolant pipes and the wiring to the Throttle body needs to be extended - when you buy the regal kit you get all these included but whan you buy the replica i dont think you do so abit of time required to chop the cable and extend and solder it yourself

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well he Had it 4hrs, ya know the coolant hoses that warm the throttle body do they need to be there or can they just be connectedto each other and also on the dbilas 1, where is the oil breather fitted onto?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How is the oil breather pipe fitted on the dbilas 1?

And does the throttle body need to be connected to the coolant system?

As the guy who fitted the replica dbilas inlet has just joined the 2 hoses that were either side the throttle body together and advised me to use a oil catch can for the breather pipe

Wat do u lot reckon?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts