Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some Sxi silver inner door handles of ebay for £15, went down to vaux lol to pic up bump strips, and i asked about fitting these handles £85!

so i wondered how easy is it to do, do u have to remove the whole door panel or can you just unclip the black plastic surround around it??? and do it that way

If any 1 here could write me a quide inc what tools i need i will have a bash my self

CHEERS

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
CorsaNut said:
Just bought some Sxi silver inner door handles of ebay for £15, went down to vaux lol to pic up bump strips, and i asked about fitting these handles £85!

so i wondered how easy is it to do, do u have to remove the whole door panel or can you just unclip the black plastic surround around it??? and do it that way

If any 1 here could write me a quide inc what tools i need i will have a bash my self

CHEERS
u can get a way with just removing the panel.

u need a set of grips tho to pull the door wire out of the handle tho....

its simpel to do, just need patience and sum time.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You need to take off the door cards.

Firstly, gently lever the black trim that house the tweeter off, trying not to smash the plastic clips.

Now to the card itself. A Torx driver will get the bolts off (three along the bottom, one in the door handle, and one behind the handle cover). Again gentle lever the panel off the door starting at the bottom. The clips shouldn't smash if your careful. Once the clips are off, you need to lift the card up and off, but the rubber window strip houses three tight clips. A bit of brute force required here!

Once off, the handle can be removed. From memory you need to unclip the rod and slide the handle to release the clips the hold it to the door. Lift out, and it's off!

Replacment is the reversal of fitting, ending up with the tweeter trim being last.

K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts