Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I currently have this in my boot:

My amp is velcroed onto the back ofthe twin box.

As the majority of my boot is taken up I want to make myself some kind of simple install, preferably with a sub either side, and the amp in the middle either sunk into a false floor, or raised in the centre.

Something like this:

The thing I need some advice on is what dimensions do I need for the 2 new boxes that would have to be made to go on ether side. Or could I get away With any shape box that I would ideally want?

Any help appreciated, cheers

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Going for the recommended specs is going to give the best results, as for sealed or ported that's a question of how you want the sub to respond - sealed typically gives a flatter but quiter response across the frequencies whereas ported gives a louder response at a peak tuning frequency.

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going for the recommended specs is going to give the best results, as for sealed or ported that's a question of how you want the sub to respond - sealed typically gives a flatter but quiter response across the frequencies whereas ported gives a louder response at a peak tuning frequency.
cheers for the reply, what exactly do you mean by flatter response etc? I mainly listen to Hip Hop and RnB music. Basically just want it to go 'boom boom' and look decent. It goes 'boom boom' now, but looks a mess just in a big box imo.

I would rather have a sealed enclosure as it would be easier to make, but if ported is gonna sound alot better then I would do that.

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
me and bigbog jus finshed doin our installs in padded leather....he should be posting pics 2nite.....u mite like it coz they look very lush!!

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
Bascially, port it if you want louder lower bass, but keep it sealed if you want tighter, punchier bass.

Also certian subs work better with either ported or sealed.

What is the Qts value of your sub mate? It might say in the manual. As only subs with a Qts of between 0.2 to 0.5 will sound good ported, and if its over 0.4 then try a sealed or bandpass enclousure instead :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bascially, port it if you want louder lower bass, but keep it sealed if you want tighter, punchier bass.

Also certian subs work better with either ported or sealed.

What is the Qts value of your sub mate? It might say in the manual. As only subs with a Qts of between 0.2 to 0.5 will sound good ported, and if its over 0.4 then try a sealed or bandpass enclousure instead :thumbs:
cheers matey ill check wen im at my house tomoro, I kno there not the greatest quality subs, but im not really that bothered aslong as they 'boom boom' lol.

There currently ported now in the box and sound good, but the box is too big to do anything with, ie fit it into an install. So would have to start from scratch.

cheers for the help tho Coops :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I've been eagerly looking at the Tw5 slimeline subs on the JL audio website and found this, maybe of some help... Clickus

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been eagerly looking at the Tw5 slimeline subs on the JL audio website and found this, maybe of some help... Clickus
Definatly go for ported then, suits hip hop and rnb :p
cheers for the helps guys, and nice link mate :thumbs:

Gonna get cracking then, should be done for the summer :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts