Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't know how you all had your windows done but I had films put on mine. I originally put some on myself and they looked useless, so I took the cr to a professional window tinter and they did a much better job. However, on the back three Corsa C windows, around the edge is a dimple effect where the window goes black. Where the films overlap this it looks like water is trapped under there.

It doesn't look that good, and I've seen window tints on here where the window is totally black. Is there anyway of getting rid of this trapped water? I hope you know what I'm on about!

Cheers,
Andy
:D

S

·
0 Posts
How long ago did you get it done mate. I wasn't allowed to open my windows for a bit when first got mine done and you have to let themdry out a bit to as they use water to slide the film onto the windows. I had to go around my windows with a cloth to get rid of excess water and to make the film stick to the matrix-dox effect bits around the back windows.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent got front window tints as they are illegal now. I just wanna get the moisture off the matrix-dot effect. I'll try with a cloth like you have.

I had them done about 2-3 weeks ago. They are totally dry now, it's just around the matrix-dot effect bit.

Thanks for the help! ............and nice forum :) I like this one, good for the C owners unlike CS that's for all owners.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried rubbing it out with a cloth and it just wont budge. Your tints look sweet si, have you got no water trapped at all in the matrix-dot area?

I was wondering whether to lift the film slightly and dry under it. Or will this mess my tint up totally? I've been told that it's trapped air and nothin can be done about it. But if you got yours out I'm wonderin if I can do the same

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
It all depends on the film. some films are quite stiff and find it hard to settle between the dots, but usually this is not very noticable anyway.

If you think it is too noticeable, then take it back and ask them to have another go at the outer edges, now it has dried a bit. Sometimes you can help this if, daily during drying you go at it with a cloth and firm the edges against the glass.

The company that put them on use a teflon card applicator, and this is for getting water/bubbles to the edge, and pressing the film to the glass. I had a bubble removed two months after application, cos I didn't do as I have just told you. He took out his card and just pushed it out to one side, and the bubble was gone!

:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
i was warned about this when i went to get my tints done. nearly every car has them and the dots are raised more on some than others.

i wouldnt try peeling it back as it would of hardened by now and it will probably not go back down.

if you want to improve it abit, try using the back of your finger nail or something similar and press gently around the dots untill the gaps disappear. i done this on a small part of my rear window.

·
Registered
71 Posts
tints

my mate did mine and he had no probs at all hes not a amateur though ,,he does it for a living every day,,usually on 30.000 landrovers,
i had a word with him and he sed that your only option is either try applying some heat if youre using a heat gun only heat outside and be very very careful,,you cud always use a hairdryer which wud be safer(can use inside),,if it was good quality material it shud have tiny perforations on it which let gas and water vapour escape,,maybe they used **** tint,or they were just **** at the job..either way if its not right i wud demand they put it right or refund ya,,they knew it had matrix when they fitted it,,

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
******, this will happen to some degree or other regardless of the tint used.

There is not one manufacturer of window film will guarantee that this will not happen. All you can do is try the suggested methods to reduce it, but you will never get rid of it totally.

S

·
0 Posts
I was just told to go around the matrix-dots when I got home and them do it again thew day after to press the film down and get moisture out. They said the film on mine though can breath sort of if you get me. The water will evaporate off the glass through the film!

The only think they said is there could be a few small bubbles, which I have to pop with a pin and press all the air out.I have one small one on the back window which has gone now :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
tints

its not ****** its fact
hey but if ya dont want to take the advice of an expert whos been doing it for 5 years thats up to you,i mean do ya think that the owners of the expensive landrovers and other vehicles are gonna pay between 300 and 500 quid and still have bubbles on the tints, DONT THINK SO
by the way using a pin to ***** out the bubble is one bad idea,,,heat is the best way and the one that will give the best results from repairing a bad job..its up to you
i am a 38year old bloke and im not in the habit of giving out advice if i dont know what im talking about :p

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Well it seems that we both have experts with a difference of opinion, that we both rely on for good advice. My mates also had his own tinting company, doing all the flash cars, especially of the like of top premiership footballers, who spend stupid amounts, and they are the hardest to please trust me, so his experience is top notch, but if you don't want to believe me.

btw Si if you got a pro install, then the films are nearly all porous to allow the water to escape, and let the adhere to the glass. Don't pop the bubbles, go back, complain and get them to put it right even if they do have to redo a screen. You pay big enough bucks for it, so it should be right first time. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Mine where do by a pro-place. Where done by the same company that has all the contracts for doing Audi, Range Rover, Merc, etc in my area. They had loads of mint cars at the tints place when I dropped mine off!! Should have cost me £300+ for the tints but got them done for cash as my best mate works at Audi and knows the bloke that runs the tints company so cost my half that ;)

When I say they had a bubble in the film it aint like a massive bubble where the film has been fitted wrong. It's just around those matrix-dots that dont let the film stick down properly.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll try a hairdryer on it then I think. The actual install of the films is top notch, no bubbles, no imperfections- it's just around the matrix dot area it's a little dodgy. They didn't half leave a mess in the car after them, there was white mess everywhere in the back. he said he used talc and water or summit??? Took ages to clean- especially off the speakers on the parcel shelf.

Thanks for the help all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
tints

yup thats exactly what they use baby talc!!
he shud only have needed to use it to fit your back window film though,,,what they do is put the reverse side of film up to window to get the size and shape,,they use talc because the size of the piece is so big that if they used water the tint wud get buckled and get lines in it, your side ones are small so easier to manipulate when sizing up,
amateur as **** if they didnt clean up after themselves..any one with pride in his work always cleans up after himself..its an unwritten rule

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He was probably pissed off with me and didn't wanna spend any more time on the car. I already had installed tints DIY style and they were terrible. I took them all off and the glue was left all over the windows. I tried getting it off myself but it wouldn't budge. They got all the glue off for me and put new tints on for the price they quoted me without knowing I already had tints on. Can't say fairer than that.

S

·
0 Posts
Thats a bit dodgy that didn't clean up the interior of your car after fitting tints. As steveirmsher said, if they want a good rep and want to be reccommended to other people from people that haev used the tints company I would have thought they do a spot on job as to leave a good image of the company.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts