Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently insured under my dad on the car as the premium works out cheaper each year doing that rather me going fully comp on my own (i am only 19)

I up direct line today to tell them about the mods i have done to the car (16" wheels, lowered, exhaust, new headunit...) only to be told my insurance is invoid as i am driving a modified car now and this is not allowed as i am under the age of 25.

Absolutely gutted, now i cant drive it until i find another insurer.

Anyone about my age here with similar mods, or can anyone recomend a good insurer???????????????????????????? :? :? :?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yep, that's true with DirectLine. Really anyone thinking of modding their car should ring their insurer FIRST to find out a) if they allow it and b) to find out how much extra it's gonna cost!

Although, saying that, you say you're insured in your Dads name? Surely your Dad is over 25?! It should be that the policy holder has to be over 25 not the youngest driver?!

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh my dad is still insured on the car but i am not anymore.

Direct line, direct pish more like.

Yeh i should have checked before hand, learn from your mistakes eh........ :shock:

What insurance companies are you all with??????

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Im wiv direct line too under my dads name, i thought if u wanted to mod u just foned up an asked how much extra it wud cost!? :shock: Im confused, i think i shall giv them a ring coz i hav sum mod plans for the near future!

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the exact same thing. I only did the mods about a week ago and thought because i had a spare moment today i woudl fone them and inform them of it.

Turns out direct line do not let anyone insured with them under the age of 25 mod their car in any way shape or form. If you have done so and need to make a claim they will not pay out and your insurance is invoid.

These were the exact words from them.

I need a new insurer NOW! :? :?

Ideas anyone??????????

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I'm with more than, and the only mods they care about are performance enhancing ones.

Therefore body/wheel mods are irrelevant as far as they are concerned. Still told em though bout the wheels on mine.

No change on the policy. :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Kash.

Will give them a bell on tuesday, dam bank holiday monday!!!! haha

Well if they are ok with the wheels then hopefully the premium wont rise up too much when i tell them about the exhaust and airfilter.

I was also told adrian flux is good for young drivers with modified cars.

Will need to see who gives the best quote i guess.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Just phone/surf about. As much as MT are cheapest for me, they weren't for a lot of my friends of a similar age.

You'll have to do some legwork, but it's worth it in the end mate, you could save a bomb :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers diddon, i have entered all the details and i am waiting on a reply.

thanks again!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Try express insurance, ive been with them for 2years. 20 now. They do mods 2.

expect to pay just under£1000 in your own name.

Take ur air filter off or dont mention it to ur insurance, as even one performance related mod will dramatically increase ur policy.

If you did have an accident you could always change the filter/ airbox back to standard.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am going under my dads name again.

You got a number for that insurer??????

·
Registered
341 Posts
ka$h said:
I'm with more than, and the only mods they care about are performance enhancing ones.

Therefore body/wheel mods are irrelevant as far as they are concerned. Still told em though bout the wheels on mine.

No change on the policy. :thumbs:
I got almost the same result with tesco.
they just sed the excess would go up a bit.

Nothing major

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
:lol: @ Noonster.

What's up mate, you not like em! :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks - and im still peed off today...

Just had to take car for service thanks another £124 :mad:

Plus they charge £5 for curtusy (spelling) car