Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mates just E-Mailed me the following lads, wha do you think to it?

To: G4
Posted: Tue 15 Jun, 2004 2:07 pm
Subject: Re: Oi, Knob Head
did you know that driving as a 2nd driver on your mums insurance when your really the main driver is insurance fraud and if you have an accident they will not pay?

I just found that out today...
To: G4
Posted: Tue 15 Jun, 2004 2:19 pm
Subject: Re: Oi, Knob Head
if you claim and you were driving the car they will investigate why you were driving it. For example: if it was being driven to/from work/college/uni etc then they could assume you do this on a daily basis and are within their rights to not pay a penny due to non-diclosure.

im not saying that this is the case everytime but its not a risk you want to take if you value your car. they are always going to look for a reason not to pay.

and i am sure 50 year old women do not drive corsa's with bodykits and full ICE...

just warning ya thats all...

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
There's a fully-kitted C up in Caerphilly near me, and i mean fully kitted out... When i first saw it i noticed an old (about 50 years old) driving it... Thought must've been her sons or something, but i've seen it about 10 times and it's the same old woman driving it every time...

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Tis true mate, the main drive (policy holder) has to drive the car more than a named driver

D

·
0 Posts
This is defo true - read similar thing when me and my dad shared the veccy!

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Best to get screwed on your own policy whilst young get it over and done with

D

·
0 Posts
diddon said:
Best to get screwed on your own policy whilst young get it over and done with
Agree with this!!

I went on my dads for a year and i regret it now - thats 1years NCB i have lost!!! :(

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
first time i got insured was last year :) £650 fully comp on a 2.5 gsi vectra with no no claims wasn't bad i thought

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Insurance is already £1300 with me as 2nd driver.

The cheapest i have found for me as named driver is 4k.

FCUK THAT!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My first insurance on a car was 850 quid, and i was 34 years old driving a 1ltr Citroen....Dont laugh! its all i could afford at the time! (i had motorbikes since i was 17.....lost all them years of no claims, they counted for nothing with a car policy)....robbing gits. Id get my own insurance, build your no claims up, hopefully....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
lol :lol: im under my grandmas name, she hasnt driven in about 20years! She prob wud of forgotton how to drive, let alone be a main driver. And agree to the above how can they prove whether you are the main driver or not?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
exactly red-sxi, they cant prove anything, just speculate about who drives it the most! and that doesnt matter, if your a 2nd driver, so what?? your still allowed to drive the car regardless of how much, its not like they set a timetable of when you can drive the car, there arent guidelines that say your mum should drive it monday tuesday and wednesday and then you can drive it thursday and friday.

Insurance companies arent as daft as you think, of course they know that 50 year olds dont drive around in suped up cars but they also know that the younger generation cant afford to, thats the whole point of being a named driver on an older persons policy, so how is this fraud, if it was they wouldnt allow 'other' drivers on policies cos they'd just be ****ing themselves

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
The fraudulent part is you claiming the main driver (The person who uses it most) to be someone other than yourself. Obviously as you say they are aware of this, hence the large premiums, but a quick look at the v5 should give it away who owns the car :p

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Thats true but at the same time insurance companies wouldnt even bother to try and prove it because its extremely difficult to prove.

·
Registered
729 Posts
They don't need to prove anything if they have just cause, it's up to them whether they would pay out. I wouldn't like to take the risk personally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts