Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, owned my corsa c for about 6 months as my first car and just learned that there is a switch to turn on the interior lights (always opened my door to get them to come on) my question is that when I push the headlight switch to turn them on they don’t come on where should I be looking for a fix?

·
Registered
796 Posts
It turns on just like you do, if nothing else in the car fails, check fuses without much hope, if the light switch does not fail, take it out and open it is an easy job, they have a button that will still be charred and will not make the contact well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It turns on just like you do, if nothing else in the car fails, check fuses without much hope, if the light switch does not fail, take it out and open it is an easy job, they have a button that will still be charred and will not make the contact well
thank you will try this over the weekend

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just wondered if the headlight switch should light up when the lights are on as it's hard to find to switch the lights off at night I've had to resort to opening the drivers door to switch the interior light on
does it have an led bulb in the switch area ( maybe I am just getting old never had a problem finding it in the past rofl )

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Corsa C you just depress the headlight switch and the interior light comes on . depress again and it switches the interior light off .
Sounds like you need a new or scrapyard headlight switch or you may be able to strip it down and fix it might just be a bad contact easy enough to test with a multimeter

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Just wondered if the headlight switch should light up when the lights are on as it's hard to find to switch the lights off at night I've had to resort to opening the drivers door to switch the interior light on
does it have an led bulb in the switch area ( maybe I am just getting old never had a problem finding it in the past rofl )
It's poor. All the interior lighting of switchgear on the C is powered by a malnourished firefly from the GM factory . It's possible to get LED replacements (I think Crazy LEDs is the usual go-to) but some are easier to install than others. Crazy LEDs do instructions - on their website, so you don't have to buy to find out how easy/difficult it is - but the headlight switch is one that requires some moderate soldering ability (most of it is twist-lock) so the DIY kit is a coupla pints money but a ready-done switch for the inept is more expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts