Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a chrome Irmy gear knob and/or handbrake cover to fit a lift up reverse 5 speed Corsa C. UK based but don't mind paying for postage from another country. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Welcome to CCUK, but ebay is your best bet for finding tartup parts. Back in the mid to late 2000s, this forum might have had a vibrant "parts/upgrades for sale" section but it's a minimum 15y.o. car now and most people just want to keep it running them to work.

I'm weening myself of ebay, having tarted up my car nearly as much as I can, but I used to have a sad watching addiction and I have learnt that (even as of now) the word "Irmscher" in the title still attracts mad bidding for bits of stuff considering the car it's going on struggles to reach £1k if sold off. I'll let you know if I see one but I think the last gear knob was >£30.

There was a banged up Combo van recently sold (maybe off-ebay with a lower accepted offer) for £700 that had Irm grille, chin spoiler, gear and h/brake, door pins, steering wheel and pedals. With a disc rear axle and 17" Irm alloys, it was probably worth breaking up or as a donor to someone with a project. Even the horrible Irm fuel cap (a sticker over the existing GM flap) sells for silly money.
I'll flag up any items, but there are no bargains out there, sorry to say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the help and for keeping your eye out for me. I've been browsing the forum for a long while (~10 years), so I suppose I've missed the boat with their availability! Just thought I'd give the wanted section a punt, but as you say it's hardly active by the look of it. I do the same with watching this stuff on eBay - crazy prices for stuff that's usually quite tatty. The last gear knob I saw on there was over a year ago, was completely ruined, and went for some silly price.
Hopefully someone out there has a nice new one at the back of a drawer or something...

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Corsa and Astra Irmscher goodies have high prices, Vectra less so, but right now I've seen nothing other than that whole Combo for sale. If you wanted a stopgap until one turned up, I did see this Momo that actually looks quite decent, unlike some of the aftermarket monstrosities out there. Still at a low price, but no graphic for gear layout and not GM-approved. The perf leather does look a good blend in for the gaiters and Exclusiv seats, though. I'd fancy it myself except the Combo is and has been going nowhere until Euro-treks become feasible so I don't want to spend on baubles until the cost of the roadworthiness is done first.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I agree with you on both counts. In an ideal world, I would have approved or up-spec tartups but some are poor (the perf leather gaiters) and others are highly expensive. I got a Mini gear gaiter that's good quality leather and only cost me £2 but the 'M' stripes stare disapprovingly at me. The Momo does look classy at least, and I imagine the leather is comfortable compared to a metal ball like the Irm.

Another thing to keep an eye out for possibly is Richbrook. I saw a handbrake handle that was a step up from the usual plastic but, for £18 (NOS), the griffin was a problem for me as I have an Opel. Even so, I got their leather seatbelt cushions.
Sports equipment Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Circle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.