Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Irmscher mats - Do they fit in my C? *Solution*

Think i may just be having a dumb moment -

Tried to include pics to help find a solution.

Piece 1 - is the screw piece for the old mats that secures the mats down.
Piece 2 - a cover for the piece that is under the carpet.
Piece 3 - irmscher clip top piece
Piece 4 - the clip underneath the car carpet
Piece 5 - irmscher clip bottom piece

Looks to me like the carpet needs to come up and piece 5 to go underneath the carpet (instead of piece 4) to poke up for piece 3 that comes through the mats.

Confuzzled! :?

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Had a little go tonight with success of the passenger side by doing the following -

• Remove passenger door pocket (just clips)

• Remove lower plastic door trim by unscrewing underneath passenger seat belt (t20 torx) and clips in the middle.

• Also remove the 2nd plastic trim by the drivers footwell nut (10 spanner) underneath passenger footwell (cant remember size).

• Also remove the left of the two screws of the glove box to enable this piece of trim to release (t20 again)

• Then you will see the layer of carpet, underneath it is sound deading foamy stuff.

• Start to peel the carpet away from the foam until you can reach your hand all the way to the clip nearest the centre console. (not nice if you have a hairy arm! ;) )

• Swap the clips over for piece number 5 (see above pics). Repeat with the 2nd same clip.

• Replace carpet and trim.

• Enjoy clipping Irmscher mat down how it is suppose to! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.