Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa Mk II 1.2 16V
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I took the parcel shelf out of my car, and when I tried to put it back in a noticed both pegs it connects to were broken. The left one was sticking out a little but I accidentally pushed it in, resulting in just the hole you see below. Unfortunately the right side doesn't work either.

I have of course tried searching Google and such for an answer to this, but I keep getting results for the pegs that connect the shelf to the boot door, which in my case are fine and don't need replacing. So I suspect that I am simply searching for the wrong name/part, but I don't know what the right part is. Which is what had led me here.

Therefore I need to know 2 things:
1) What is the right name of this part, if it has a name.
2) Is it possible to change/replace this part, and if so how.

Many thanks in advance.

Left side:

Right side:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I don't know whether you need this

or this

but I typed "corsa c parcel shelf" into ebay search. Mostly, it turned up the whole shelf lid, but also some of the above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be the top item, the "Pivot hinge pin". The actual shelf itself is fine, so far as I am aware.

The fact that the listed name for that item features 3 different words just goes to show I wouldn't have had a clue which was the right one to use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I've brought a couple new mounting pin, and I intended to attempt fitting them today but I now can't find the tutorial on how to do it!

I know it was another thread here on this site with lots of pictures explaining step by step and which tools to use. Only problem is I didn't bookmark it.

It wasn't a thread on how to change the hinges specifically, rather how to remove the side panels in the boot so that you can fit other things such as changing lights, fitting speakers or in my case, fitting new hinges.

If anyone knows the thread I'm on about, would they be so kind as to post a link to it please?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
From the home page, it would likely be in "Tutorials - Interior" but I'll have a chance later to search for it and post up a link

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the home page, it would likely be in "Tutorials - Interior" but I'll have a chance later to search for it and post up a link
Yes I looked their first, as well as searching for various terms in.. well, the search.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have found in the past that they push back in. no tools needed. it is easier to remove the side cover and refit them though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found in the past that they push back in. no tools needed. it is easier to remove the side cover and refit them though.
As you'll see from the top post, the problem with the left one is that I accidently pushed it too far in. What I need right need is that tutorial on removing the side cover!

·
Registered
922 Posts
from memory (been a while) take rear seat belt of rear pillar, remove upper window trim panel, just clipped in, then undo all the torx screws, there is quite a few of them. the rear boot trim across the back also needs to come off then the rear boot quarter trim should come away. remember the speaker wires will be attached still and boot lamp on LH side. no need to fully remove as this requires removing rear seats. you can move it out far enough to get at these pegs to push them back in.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts

You probably found this already, and it's not what you're after, but I put it up just in case. I couldn't find anything more relevant from a look around the search facility.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You probably found this already, and it's not what you're after, but I put it up just in case. I couldn't find anything more relevant from a look around the search facility.
THAT'S THE ONE! THANK YOU!

As I said I had found it before but then couldn't find it again and had forgotten to bookmark it. I have now done so, and all I need to do now is wait for the weather to clear up again (it's currently raining where I am)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Glad to help. iirc, I used 'advanced search' for "rear trim removal" in just the tutorials:interior section.

For reasons I don't know, the ccuk search returns a lot of spurious results and the advanced search can cut out a lot of relevant ones that I know are on the forum. It takes a bit of nuance to get a Goldilocks search and I seem to have developed the nous.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Possibly, annoyingly, too late now. But I spotted this - better value than the original link:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts