Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me with this one... when it comes to electrics I ain't got a clue really! I can go on for hours on what I'm gonna do to my car but when it comes to installing I ain't got a clue.

Right... I got a kenwood HU and a steering wheel adapter for it. When I came to fit the adapter in I was unsure what went where. I got the KDC-3027A HU and the PC9-706 adapter for the corsa c 2000 on. Which wire connects up for the steering wheel controls, is it one of the block connectors or the small wire? As I have a small wire from my HU which says remote control or is this just for the kenwood remote control that you can buy? Please help, its getting annoying now! :(

·
Registered
729 Posts
Don't know for sure mate but at a guess I'd say it wasn't the single wire. More likely to be a connector block for something like that. Was there no instructions for the adapter? I'm suprised it doesn't tell you that in there. :?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hello mate,

The small wire that come out of the HU called remote is the one that switches any amps on and off - otherwise known as the p-con wire. Not for the remotes - as remotes are wireless - hence the remoteness of the remote!!

The wiring of the remote is a bit fiddly. If you bought the proper ISO leads, then you will notice that when you plugged them into the big block connector behind the dash, there was one block spare - this is where the remote lead attaches. It then attaches to the wires of the adaptor you bought with the HU.

If you need any more help, i will pull my alpine out and post some pics if it helps - just let me know.

:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts