Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not really a progress thread as I haven't really done much to my C, thought I'd start one anyway as I have a couple of plans for my C!

Anyway, I bought it in September 2009 as a completely standard 1.8 SRi, but before I even owned the car I had -40mm Apex springs sat in my room ready to be fitted.

The day before the Knaresborough meet in October, I debadged my car and took it up to Solly's to have it lowered! I didn't really like the ride height at first, and felt that I needed to go lower but once the springs settled they looked pretty good imo.

A couple of weeks ago I also bought Scott Gibson's subs off him, not got any pictures mind you.

New Photos

Specification
Suspension:
-40mm Apex springs

Exterior:
Colour coded wing mirror base plates
Debadged
Shorter aerial

Audio:
Pioneer DEH-P5100UB Headunit
Alpine MRD-M1005 Amplifier
2 12" Alpine SWR-1242D Subwoofers

Future Plans
Got a couple of plans for my C, but won't be doing anything major for a few months as I still owe my dad £900 for the car! :lol:

Anyway, my plans are: Lowering on coilovers around 80mm, refurb the SRi's gloss black, Steinmetz grille, smoked facelifts with 8K HID's and an oval backbox! Also plan on getting some Hertz components and an Alpine amp to power them!

Like I said - not really a progress thread, but it will be once I get started with the modding!

G

·
looking good josh, you decided on hertz components good man i run the diece range so you cna have listen to mine when amped :D

btw Sound Deadening too

gonna look good at 80mm lower

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looking good josh, you decided on hertz components good man i run the diece range so you cna have listen to mine when amped :D

btw Sound Deadening too

gonna look good at 80mm lower
Yeah, I mate of mine has amped Hertz components and the clarity is amazing. He spent a small fortune on his though, I won't be spending as much! :lol:

Coilovers is going to be my next mod I think, but won't be doing that for at least 2 months! :(
good start mate :)
Cheers Scott! :)
good start
Thanks. Got a lot more plans for it though! :)

G

·
Yeah, I mate of mine has amped Hertz components and the clarity is amazing. He spent a small fortune on his though, I won't be spending as much! :lol:

Coilovers is going to be my next mod I think, but won't be doing that for at least 2 months! :(

Cheers Scott! :)

Thanks. Got a lot more plans for it though! :)
yeah when i amped my old one they came alive the efficiency is brilliant and like you said the clarity they are amazing REALLY clear :D and yeah the range i have are about 70 - 80 brand new then your looking at the energy range which is the next step up which cost about 150 i think hertz are a cracking bit of kit tbh, they got overlooked i think which makes it better when you have them ;)

yeah well whole point of a progress thread lol takes time

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah when i amped my old one they came alive the efficiency is brilliant and like you said the clarity they are amazing REALLY clear :D and yeah the range i have are about 70 - 80 brand new then your looking at the energy range which is the next step up which cost about 150 i think hertz are a cracking bit of kit tbh, they got overlooked i think which makes it better when you have them ;)

yeah well whole point of a progress thread lol takes time
I think I'm gonna go for these components, and this amp. Or would you recommend otherwise Mike?

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
josh - if you find a amp the same age as the v12 i sold you then you can just daisey chain them and dont need to run more RCA's :)

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
josh - if you find a amp the same age as the v12 i sold you then you can just daisey chain them and dont need to run more RCA's :)
I take it that means I'd have to shop second hand for an amp then yeah?

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
So any V12 amp will do? I'm guessing V12 is a series of Alpine amps right? I'd buy it now but I don't have any money atm! :( Gave it all to you! :lol:

You got your wheels though Scott, and that's all that matters! :)

well you need one with a v12 amp link :) - you will also need to buy the daisy chain cable but i dont think ther emuch :)

its a pitty you havnt got a newish alpine HU aswell as you can change all the setting on the amps via the HU which is pretty swish

yeh i suppose - they were a bargain so swings and roundabouts,

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well you need one with a v12 amp link :) - you will also need to buy the daisy chain cable but i dont think ther emuch :)

its a pitty you havnt got a newish alpine HU aswell as you can change all the setting on the amps via the HU which is pretty swish

yeh i suppose - they were a bargain so swings and roundabouts,
Think I'm gonna get an Alpine headunit eventually tbh! I prefer my Pioneer's interface to any Alpine headunits, but the inbuilt amps in Pioneer headunits are shocking in comparison to Alpine ones. Mine started making a weird static noise as soon as I got it, which means something's up with it! :( Not that it really bothers me as you can only hear it with the volume up at 62 and with the music paused.

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also where are the last 2 pics taken mate?
You know the train station car park in Harrogate? It's some random garage type thing that's just on the left as you turn onto the train station road. Don't think we were supposed to be in there mind you!

No one likes you taking photos anywhere, we were taking some with the car parked in the entrance to the VW garage behind McDonald's and heard the security guard shouting us. So we bailed! :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
You know the train station car park in Harrogate? It's some random garage type thing that's just on the left as you turn onto the train station road. Don't think we were supposed to be in there mind you!

No one likes you taking photos anywhere, we were taking some with the car parked in the entrance to the VW garage behind McDonald's and heard the security guard shouting us. So we bailed! :lol:

what????? id have told him to feck off tbh

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what????? id have told him to feck off tbh
Ahh, didn't want to cause any trouble down there with those cars getting robbed from Redline recently and all that. But we didn't get in trouble for been in that garage thing, if you want to go there and get some pictures some time! :p

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Ahh, didn't want to cause any trouble down there with those cars getting robbed from Redline recently and all that. But we didn't get in trouble for been in that garage thing, if you want to go there and get some pictures some time! :p
first ivew heard of it! linky?

what cars? when?

yeh can do - wont be till i get my new wheels on tho :)

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
first ivew heard of it! linky?

what cars? when?

yeh can do - wont be till i get my new wheels on tho :)
Don't have any links mate, police told us. We were sat down in McDonald's car park and they came down and asked us if we'd robbed/seen anyone driving off in a stolen Audi.

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
ahh fair crack - i dont ever go down there anyway, always crawling with cops and chavs lol

1 - 20 of 327 Posts