Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Corsa C 1.8 SRI
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time poster here!

I've been scowering the internet tonight out of curiosity about finding out how many Corsa C 1.8 SRI's are actually still left on the roads!

I have come across the website howmanyleft.com but it doesn't seem reliable because it's giving me a handful of colours that are registered, but no red ones, i have a red one! 馃馃槀

Just wondering if someone could help a brother out?! 馃馃憡

Go easy on me!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
I still have a red 2004 SRI that was a 1.8 many years ago.
I think it was around 2006/7 it lost the 1.8 and had a z20let fitted?
In 2009 the owner started stripping it for parts and in 2011 i got hold of the complete shelf/interior and fitted a z22se then around 2014/15 I fitted a B207 stroked to 2.2 and the Eaton M62 supercharger. Nut in 2021 I began to strip her back down and she's now sitting there with no engine on axle stands. Still only 25,500 miles on the clocks.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Sky
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Registered
in Spain crossing with one is very, very complicated, you see more ferraris than sri, or tigra 1.8, it happens the same as with irmscher pieces

Registered
Corsa C 1.8 SRI
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is at 88,000 now! I just wanna find out how many are left and if it's worth putting back to standard colour or respray a different colour. Being an old red car she has faded the last couple of months badly and laquer is starting to peel in several places! Would love to completely rehaul it and got nuts with wider arches, new colour etc. but i'm on the fence of keeping it as original as possible! 馃

Registered
Corsa C 1.8 SRI
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just thinking about a hand-me-down to my eldest boy! Over the 6 weeks holidays he's gonna give me a hand rubbing it down and prepping it for spraying and who knows, he might one day get to feel the intense power of it! 馃檮馃槀馃

Registered
My humble op is that the original colour is so much less of a PITA than all the nooks and crannies (engine bay, door shuts and interior) that you would otherwise have to do with a changed colour, I'd keep it unless it's hearing-aid-beige or suchlike.

I know red is a real fader (I had an orange R5 that came up red with hefty buffing) but a DA buffer is handy, even the inexpensive ones. Also, after all your trouble, I would look into putting on a graphene coating. After detailing my Modus and Combo Tour, I gave them a DIY ceramic coating and, although it's not as nice and warm as a wax, they did their job well, even in Malaga sun. The advantage of graphene over silica ceramics (I'm a chemist and this sounds plausible rather than marketing BS to me) is that graphene is a better heat conductor than silica so those hotspots in the sun will spread around and dissipate better, hopefully avoiding the blisters and fading that I see all too often in Malaga.

Registered
Mine is at 88,000 now! I just wanna find out how many are left and if it's worth putting back to standard colour or respray a different colour. Being an old red car she has faded the last couple of months badly and laquer is starting to peel in several places! Would love to completely rehaul it and got nuts with wider arches, new colour etc. but i'm on the fence of keeping it as original as possible! 馃
I鈥檝e got a red 061.8 sxi+ that needs a spray, I鈥檓 keeping it as standard as possible,I鈥檓 not sure if it鈥檚 going to be a future classic but there will always be some people who want a clean original 1.8!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts