Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 03 plate Corsa if that makes any difference but could someone kindly show me what I need for a JVC HU to be able to use steering controls.

I tried to find a tutorial but could only see one for an Irmy steering wheel.

I'm not to sure on the model of the JVC.

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/beat-sdmmc-memory-card-stereo-p-8465.html
I also have this HU and wondered if this would work dont think so.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my Corsa has the steering wheel controls already on the wheel.

I will try to find out which model JVC HU I have

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by " Non Canbus " ?
And how I would I find this out?

Im I right in thinking, I need to adaptors, one from HU and one for the controls.

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Yeah. There will be a generic lead to convert the vauxhall wiring to an autoleads system. The second bit converts the autoleads wiring to the stereos wiring

·
Registered
753 Posts
There is a cable like in the picture below sticking out of the back of my JVC headunit which is for use with steering controls. Well according to the manual thats what its for anyway lol.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.
Looks like my mum has thrown out my JVC HU and now im stuffed and money i dont wanna fork out on a new stereo :( FUMIN

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know it was sitting in the kitchen for a while and we had two HU sitting there i said that one oculd be thrown the other can be put in garage but turns out both have been thrown out..
But suppose new HU now ;)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah im feelign either Alpine or Sony.
But would love a doube din face off :)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont want to be spending Hundreds and Hundreds.

Something maybe with a screen, must be able to control subwoofer and all the faing and balance not just genral balancing and fading if that makes sense.

Also like it to have bluetooth for on the phone using it via speakers and must have the connector at the back to use steering wheelcotrols

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How about other units:
Sony, JVC etc not feeling Kenwood

G

·
for me it goesd alpine > pioneer > rest tbh but thats me

one of best things to do is have a really good look around i kno sounds bovious but known people go buy first headunit they see and be disappointed as threy could of got better for same amounts of money

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I know I've hd like 3 or 4 units in the past and never really been satisfied.
I wish i could spend £500 and get what I wanted.

Maybe I'll go with Alpine or Pioneer :cool:

G

·
yeah i was lucky and got a bluetooth kit for alpine given to me of a friend at xmas so i just needed to get a headunit with the stuff i wanted, if you can spare about 200 - 250 alpien single dins the cda range are quality

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I know I dont think I could justify spending 200 plus for a HU even tho it would be banging.
That 200 quid could be used for my holiday in July or even Window Tints and a nice SRI Spoiler....
Descions..... cheers tho buddie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts