Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K&N 57i v BFO cones

Are either of them worth getting for a 1.2 'C' ?
I think there £100 and £80 respectivly. But they look damn sweet under the hood. 8)

·
Registered
71 Posts
kand n

mine was 56 quid and yes it does look good,,sounds very nice as well,corsa c sucks like a motherfucking vaccum :lol:
foam filter are good as well but they dont sound as nice the k and n has a larger surface area,,,plus its less likely to ignite than a nylon foam filter

·
Registered
93 Posts
in my opinion leave them both if you're wanting performance gains. you will not get any power from these air filters, probably get a better throttle response and thats about it. a warning if you're going to buy one though... you will suck a lot of hot air in. use plenty of cold air feeds and make a heat shield.

·
Registered
71 Posts
filters

you aint gonna get much cold air if ya just drill the box yes ok you got a cold air feed as standard but you lose all your vaccum when you drill box..so therefore cold air not sucking its just being forced in when your at speed..i fitted k and n and also fitted second cold air feed,,,youve got quite a space when you remove filter box so theres enuf room for cold air to circulate,and any hot air to get away. thats the point of your filter box,,1. to hold filter 2.to create a vaccum as air is sucked thru filter,3. to keep induction noise down. it makes me laff when people say oh just drill box,,,IT AINT THE SAME..whatever size engine a freeflow filter ALWAYS improves throttle response and in some cases bhp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts