Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My key fob died today and couldn’t unlock the car manually using the key without setting car alarm off. I will be replacing the small cell battery on the key fob soon, but I’ve heard the key will have to be synced with the car again? Anyone know how to do this.

Cheers

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,279 Posts
its normally if its without power for 10 or more minutes

but google vauxhall key syncing

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah it’s been well over 10 mins now, more like 10 hours, cheers for the advice. Have found the official guidance in the handbook, switch on the ignition for 30 seconds and briefly press the lock or unlock button.

Hopefully a new battery solves it and nothing worse

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,279 Posts
Get pictures up could be the battery terminals, micro buttons need replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All sorted now, car unlocked straight away, didn’t even need to sync the key. Cheers

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
All sorted now, car unlocked straight away, didn’t even need to sync the key. Cheers
Glad to hear it Joe!

Might pay to keep some spare CR2032s in the glovebox, they're cheap as hell from most bargain stores, and it saves hunting for one when it dies again

How were the switches inside? Has the rubber decomposed and gummed them up at all? Very common with these keys, have to replace the switches if it gets too bad

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have got the remaining 3 batteries spare in the glove box with a flathead screwdriver, if it ever happens again!

The internals of the key were fine but the buttons are worn badly on the outside so I ordered a replacement off eBay for a few quid, however it was a poor fit and didn’t click back into the key correctly so decided to give it a miss...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts