Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
more for show tbh mate, however I know someone that has a Westfield. He bought it for his every day car to get too and from work. However, the practicality of it as far as getting the roof on/off when raining isnt exactly easy to do. Just bare that in mind ;)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
top 1 is mint, different and you would never see another would you?

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
no, ot would just use the reg of the Donor car.
im pretty sure thats not correct either mate. Q plates are old and not used at all anymore iirc, but it would have its own registration assigned when proven to be road worthy by an authorised MOT station i think you will find ;)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
only problem is i have 2 cars as it is, there is 5 in the house, there isnt enought garages lol

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im pretty sure thats not correct either mate. Q plates are old and not used at all anymore iirc, but it would have its own registration assigned when proven to be road worthy by an authorised MOT station i think you will find ;)
yeh but wont it depend on when the car was made?

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
yeh but wont it depend on when the car was made?
as in the Donor car, no. Basically because, you have a complete new chassis in most cases, so VIN numbers etc are completely different. Wouldnt make any difference for any car though, take mine for instance, it could have been made 10 years ago, but registered as 2005.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeh but like the top 1, its an MR2 with a fibreglass bodshell on, so it has same chassis so im asuming the reg it has on it in the pic is the same reg the MR2 had originally?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there ya go, the top reg in the DVLA has come up as a Toyota MR2
The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for H42 CFM are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2007
Date of First Registration 05 04 1991
Year of Manufacture 1991
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Export
Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour GREY
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £99.00
12 Months Rate £180.00

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
yeh but like the top 1, its an MR2 with a fibreglass bodshell on, so it has same chassis so im asuming the reg it has on it in the pic is the same reg the MR2 had originally?
like i said, in most cases as per the Westfields, they have a new chassis, so that doesnt apply. As the shell has only been changed on the MR2 then yes, the original reg would be kept and log book details changed. But the car would still have a fair substantial MOT once done.

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
go for the Veranti mate, looks far more practical for every day use tbh

1 - 20 of 29 Posts