Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, has anyone got any ideas on what this problem could be? When I turn right, I get a clicking/knocking noise. It does not happen when dry steering, and doesn’t happen all the time too. Two weeks ago, I’ve had new both front droplinks, both cv boots, and both front brake pads.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Probably a cv joint. My passenger side one clunks but not all the time. I've got a new joint there to fit when I get a spare hour.

You usually find outer cv joints clunk more on full lock.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Theres nothing worse than having to do work twice, the new CV kit might have a new large band for the gaitor, I know my mechanic keeps universal types on the shelf.

The job itself is straightforward but becomes difficult if the balljoint nut or cv joint nut is damaged (there should be a new nut in the cv joint kit).

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, has anyone got any ideas on what this problem could be? When I turn right, I get a clicking/knocking noise. It does not happen when dry steering, and doesn’t happen all the time too. Two weeks ago, I’ve had new both front droplinks, both cv boots, and both front brake pads.
Hi
Your car has a cv joint problem, go to your nearest mechanics they will help you, and you'll need to buy new ones and replace.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,307 Posts
cv joint had it on my old nova

1 - 8 of 8 Posts