Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car serviced 3 weeks ago and noticed yesterday that i had a small oil leak. I took it back to the garage the next morning who said it was leaking slightly from the oil filter so they changed the filter. Now last night when i was driving to work i could smell oil burning, then the sure sign of oil burning by the white smoke trail i was leaving. Oil light came on so i pulled over. I called out the AA who found the engine was empty of oil due to it all leaking from the oil filter again, obviously a much bigger leak than before.

Do you think this is just a case of 2 x dodgy filters or could their be a bigger problem hiding here. Currently the car has been towed back to the garage waiting to be sorted in the morning.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't take it to Vauxhall. I took it to a garage where i knew the people were reputable. They just rang, said its a problem with the oil filter housing, an o ring or something. They ordered the part for me and Vx have said they are aware of a problem occuring with them, although not so common on 1.8's for some reason. Anyway, should be fixed tomorrow.

·
Registered
654 Posts
where about on the oil filter housing was it? if it at the top where the removable part is then it would lead me to believe that they haven't changed the rubber o-ring when they fitted a new filter this would cause it to leak when they disturbed it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure. I know when took it back the first time for a small leak they said the housing was loose, and so they tightened it up. It doesnt sound like they changed it. Does this need to be changed each time the filter is changed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, i've got it back now and its running fine. Doesn't seem to be any problems other than it stinks a bit, cat converter smell. Didnt have this before.

BTW the O ring which was to blame was from the filter houseing not the oil filter itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts