Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any1 changed the LEDS for the heater panel? or if ne1 has any notes or nething written down, could you post dem here? jus wana get the tutorial on how to do before i buy da LEDS themselves
cheers guyz

·
Registered
322 Posts
Firstly... like the corsa matey! Looks similar to my own :thumbs: Yeah fitted the LED's last weekend... got them from cobra on here good price as well!

Firstly pull out the CD player a bit so that u can get to the top of the panel, then pull that off with a screwdriver being careful not to scratch the dash. The bottom part will come away with a bit of gentle tweaking around, but don't snap the lugs off! It might take a while to get it off but don't snap ought off! The bulbs are in there behind a plastic cover, looks great when done! I've got blue LED's in speedo, MFD, heater panel and stereo is blue LCD and gonna put blue LED's in glove box for DVD player and in small pocket under steering wheel where remotes are kept, also got neons in footwells but not connected at moment because of new DVD player wired in and not got round to re-wiring them in again. Also gonna do custom blue LED roof lighting eventually, so blue is all round... cool! 8) Hope that helps mate.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers m8, thanx for the help, dat corsa aint mine tho :( i jus found it on a google search lol.
nice wid wot u done in the interior... i bort a headunit jus yday, can change the colour of it to anything, so i changed it to blue, jus gota do dials, mfd and heater panel, then wana get some neons in the footwells also, so much to do, so little cash!

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
corsav said:
cheers m8, thanx for the help, dat corsa aint mine tho :( i jus found it on a google search lol.
nice wid wot u done in the interior... i bort a headunit jus yday, can change the colour of it to anything, so i changed it to blue, jus gota do dials, mfd and heater panel, then wana get some neons in the footwells also, so much to do, so little cash!
should look good matey

·
Registered
322 Posts
know what you mean I've got loads of original ideas but the cash comes in slowly! Want to do a lot more with the interior lighting blue neons and LED's wherever I can... just put some LED's in the little compartment to the right of the steering wheel where I keep my remotes looks good! Then gonna put some in the glove box where my DVD is as there is no light in there... don't know why? Then some more neons under the seats to the rear and below wherever I can get them but so that there out of sight as this looks better. Then the roof LED's and probably get some more ideas by then... good thing is that when you ain't got a lot of money its good to do the interior because it don't cost much for LED's but you just need to be good and electrics and have a good imagination and car to use it in! :wink:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh das y im attempting the interior first! my broz bort some alloyz which are comin nxt couple of weeks, and ill prob paint the calipers, nice easy cheap job for me :D. lol but its so stupid, it cost me like 50 quid to get the steering wheel controls convertor lead and the silver headunit fascia, and ontop of that i had to buy my hedunit for 250, so 300 jus for the hedunit... takes the piss!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah, know what you mean mate, did same here. Got cheaper CD player at about £75 then got screen at £150 then the facia at £15 the adapter at £35 paint to colour match the trims £15 in total then the DVD player at £130 the had to make panel for glove box which probs came to about £20, and all that was through a contact who got it all at cost price for me! :wink: So if I bought it all myself it would of probably come to over £800 or something. I'll get some pics up of my interior soon. The lad who had it before me got the outside sorted he evn got custom made leather seats done, so I'm just completing the interior! 8) Eventually it will all be done so in the end the whole interior of the car will be worth a few grand... not bad really! Then it will be the outside tweaks such as neons new rear lights etc, then finally the engine and custom exhaust. Worked out it will probably take me a year to get it all done with what money I get coming in. Keep coming up with original ideas all the time so will be an original corsa c in the end.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrightythen!!!

Like I'd let you steal my ideas... I'll post some pics but they won't be of mine! :p

No, I will get them on here eventually just need to get the cash to get it all completed.

Then you can all see an original piece of modding in its finest 8)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if u feelin generous u can jus give me some cash to get mine completed so i can get some pics up hehe

·
Registered
322 Posts
who said anything about being generous... I'm a right tight sod! :lol: Yeah didn't you know I'm loaded... yeah thats why I'm running round in a corsa... obviously my ferarri is in the garage. :D If I had the cash mate I would lend you it, but when its between a weeks shopping or my next mod... and I choose the mod leaving me starving for the week I can't exactly spare anything at the minute... you know how it is :wink: Since I put my DVD gear in I've had to do short runs to avoid using excess petrol, got by on toast and crisps and not drank a bit of alcohol all month! Just wait till I get paid... oh hold on... cha ching!!! there it goes, this months pay cheque... now what should I do - buy some food or do my interior lighting? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... its a hard one.... thats the interior lighting of course.... how am I going to wire it in??? :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well im lucky i guess, coz i get paid weeky! but it takes me forever to make up my mind on wot i want, wat colour i want it in, wot size etc etc. im stuck on caliper paint at the moment, dnt no wot to do, silver, blue, red. aarrrghh choices!!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Silver Car, Silver Paint. That was easy, now whatabout Breeze Blue Car.....

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
so why the f is the car in your avatar silver? :shock:

·
Registered
322 Posts
just give me a few more weeks to get it all sorted and my interior neons wired up again and I'll post some pics I promise. Just finding time to do it all!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts