Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive a legacy la890 4 channel amp at the mo ive got 2 channels bridged but i notesed it had 2 pairs of phono sockets 1 pair for channel 1/2 and 1 pair for channel 3/4 does this mean i have to run 2 phono leads to back of headunit? not seen this on a amp before as its my first 4 channel amp.

cheers Mikey

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ive also only got 1 preout rca so if i use Y splitters i guess i wont beable to have the front speakers louder so the subs set up in the back ground as the out puts are for rear....... if so guess i best save for a new head unit

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unfortunatly no its a kenwood head unit was only cheap £100 2 years ago its a KDC- model and just has rear rca out puts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thats odd.

what are you running from it?

2 subs bridged
1 sub bridged 1 set of comps
4 sets of comps
2 sets of compms bridged.

etc...

ok so at the mo i have one sub bridged across to channels 1/2. i have not got the other 2 channels connected to headunit at moment due to only one pre out on back of headunit but what i would like to do is have components running off 2 channels and the other 2 bridged to run one sub.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
ok so at the mo i have one sub bridged across to channels 1/2. i have not got the other 2 channels connected to headunit at moment due to only one pre out on back of headunit but what i would like to do is have components running off 2 channels and the other 2 bridged to run one sub.
It's the same with my genny P4.
Firstly, if it is exactly the same as my P4 then the rca's are internally bridged so no y splitters are required. If it isn't then you can use y-splitters to give 3/4 an input.
Secondly, the rca you are feeding it is a full range signal. It's fine to use that for both sub and components as long as cross-over points are set up correctly to filter the frequencies to the correct channels.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is the spec of the amp i have

4 Channel Amplification * Tri-Way Output Configuration: * 4 x 300 Watts Output * 2 x 600 Watts Bridged Output * 2 x 300 Watts Front + 1 x 600 Watts Rear * 1200 Watts Total Output * Polished Chrome Finish w/Plexiglass Panel * Integrated Heatsink for Efficient Heat Dissipation * Remote Control Bass Booster (0~12dB @ 60Hz) * Fully Adjustable Electronic Crossover Network * Soft tTurn On/Off Circuit * 2 Ohm Stereo Stable * Bridgeable into 4 Ohms * Dual MOSFET PWM Power Supplies * Variable Gain Control * Remote Turn On/Off * Hi/Lo Level Inputs * Power On LED Indicator * LED Protection Indicator * S/N Ratio: >90dB * THD: <0.04% * Frequency Response: 10Hz-30k Hz * Thermal, Overload & Short Circuit Protection * Dimensions: 2"H x 11"W x 14.2"L

1 - 9 of 9 Posts