Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is an exhaust workshop that fsbrica the quietest line for 125e more shipping, but.... line group A in diesel? sound like a tractor right? and escuc and for the police is a candy, in a diesel will be horrible to hear it, I have some gasoline group A

for that it would be better to take some exhaust with papers and remove the standard catalyst, which in the dti goes under the gear lever, right?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Peps has a 1.3 CDTi Combo and, in his progress thread, he used 2.5" stainless steel straight through. I don't remember how far back - the catalyst must still be there to pass the inspection - but it was a long piece and the silencer must have gone. I asked him it must surely sound horrible, but he assured me there's hardly any difference. The 1.7 DTi might be a different matter; it makes more of a clatter.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
There are a lot of people in the UK with no cats and no silencers on diesel cars. You can really hear the turbo's whistle but they do sound a bit chuggey. Not for me but then that's why it's good to be different. My nephew had a Skoda 1.9 PD130 with a big turbo and a 2.5" turbo back straight through exhaust. Sounded like an old tractor not rough just loud with lots of choo choo's from the turbo. Made some big power for what he had done after it was custom mapped.
You need a "friendly" inspector come MOT time though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts