Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know not the greatest circumstances, but I'm just wondering if anyone's been up to anything interesting that they probably wouldn't normally have taken up, had it not been for the restrictive rules we currently have in place?

My own example isn't all that interesting to be fair, I'm a keyworker and my shift pattern has had to change to afternoons along with half our workforce to lower the same-time attendance capacity in our offices, so for me I've been battling with supermarket queues in the mornings, probably the worst thing being that my card got declined at Farmfoods two weeks running!

I haven't done anything to my car though, I'll save that for my other thread.

This wasn't technically lockdown-related, but I did actually shave my head!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well anyway, I've made a decent effort of overhauling my garden, something that had been near completely neglected for almost 2 years

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've been doing a few odd jobs around the house and garden. Currently mid engine change on my 1980 Mini Clubman Estate.

I give my corsa a couple miles drive every couple of days to keep the brakes from rusting, also parked in gear with the handbrake off so the shoes dont grab the drums.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still need my car every day so it's fortunately not gonna seize up anywhere, I bought 57 stone flags for £50 and a sack truck to move them for £12, used all the flags I needed, sold the remaining 22 flags for £45 and it seems they were worth more going by the interest I had, because of people wanting to get their gardens done!! Either way a decent return!! (My garden still looks rubbish though!)

Who'd have thought in April we'd have such a good run of nice weather!!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
My place is right on the border of two towns so El Plod often picks it for a roadcheck. Strict, very strict, lockdown here. I took the Modus out to get gas cylinders for a neighbour and the big, orange things on the back seat made the explanations pretty simple. A month later, I took a shedload of laundry (I sooo wanted to stick my unwashed smalls in El Plod's face by way of explanation, but no roadblock this time) and the Modus just started and the clock went to 0:00

In the past, I've returned to the car after 1-2 months and it's started first turn, so I guess the battery is past its best. Annoying little glitches are that the driver's exterior door handle won't unlock it, so I have to open it from the inside after opening another door, and the washer jets holes are so wide open (they need regular unblocking) that they're like dribbling taps than sprays. No motor parts shops are open at all, so I just have to live with it. Like my mum's old Austin 1100.

Like Cal, it's left in gear with the handbrake off.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hearing a lot of moanings from owners about their cars being stood for weeks with the inability to leave the electric handbrake off :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The mid-2000s Renault Scenic's electric handbrake had its own section in the forum; right old PITA.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The mid-2000s Renault Scenic's electric handbrake had its own section in the forum; right old PITA.
Doesn't surprise me one bit!!

I do recall someone breaking down in stop-start traffic in a Range Rover Evoque, stuck in lane 3 on the motorway, electric handbrake stuck on, recovery truck had to drag her car with the non-moving back tyres smoking across 3 lanes to the hard shoulder!!

Anyway I left all my stone flags down for a week to let them settle to see how uneven the ground was underneath, I've lifted them all back up again ready to churn up all the soil and to rake it level, and in the process I've damaged a nerve in my left shoulder and it's in constant dull pain!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Disinfection (mould, not virus) of the interior of my Combo Tour that's been standing since November, although I gave it an interior scrubbing in January. The drier weather and less soggy footwell helped keep the workload down this time. I also gave the exterior a spray using my mobile hand-pumped 8 litre thing. Not sparkling, but at least the surface crud is dislodged and the glass is better to look through. Service and MOT on Tuesday.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know the 9H makes life easier!!

I've just put 9h on the glass in my shower so its much easier to clean afterwards, and did my bathroom mirrors as well, I wonder if it helps reduce fogging?!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I would imagine it does. The 9H is a beader rather than a sheeter - an annoyance for me as it leaves dust spots in Malaga, and I now top up with the new Turtle Wax hybrid which slides the water off - but I noticed in that peculiar fine NW spray-rain it settled onto the Combo into bigger blobs that would mostly run off verticals.

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
44 Posts
No restrictions in place where I live, but because I'm an introvert, I've mostly stayed at home anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts