Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you may know i have a 1.7 CDTi SRi Corsa. It was running 143bhp with 247 lbft and i achieved this with the following:

Bigger front mounted intercooler with custom pipework
2.5" decat exhaust system with hidden backbox
Custom remap from EDL in Leeds

That was all good and it really was surprising how much it shifted but it soon took it toll. In February 2012 the release bearing couldnt handle the strain and burst. So luckily i had an uprated clutch so i whacked that in along with a new release bearing and everything was all gravy.....until April 2012 when the new release bearing burst leaving me stranded in Edinburgh, lucky i got a tow home and now it sits on my drive way.

Couple of picture of how it used to look, absolutely loved it and i do miss driving it but next year she will be back looking better.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well this is how she look the now.

Currently stripping her down and going she's going to get a new heart. I am going to take my time and do it over the next year so i have time if i run into problems.

Tonight i took the seats out and gave the carper a good clean, was surprised how much crap came out it, no pictures of the gunk tho. Interior currently looks like this

Also fitted my 6-speed gear stick while i was at it, mmmmm 6-speed ;)

·
Registered
31,481 Posts
Glad to see you're still carrying on with the car :yes:

What 6 speed box is it (M32?) and will it run alright with the engine?

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Little update today,

Took the day off from revision and started on my 308's, sanded down the carriers back to the bare metal and applied two coats of hammerite primer.

Currently look like this

Depending on how i feel tomorrow i might get a couple of coats of paint on them

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Little update today,

Took the day off from revision and started on my 308's, sanded down the carriers back to the bare metal and applied two coats of hammerite primer.

Currently look like this

Depending on how i feel tomorrow i might get a couple of coats of paint on them
im undecided wether to get 308's or just stick with 280's with uprated discs and pads..

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Everyone says that the 308's run the same pads as the 280's, where as the ones ive just put on have like 1/2mm each side of the pad on the disc.
So unless the pads over hang on the 280 disc I find it hard to see how the pads are the same.

The carriers are the expensive part tbh.

You going m32 with this then lockeh? :ninja:

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats what im thinking tbh.. ill just uprate disks and pads i think..
308's i would say are only needed for 200bhp+

Everyone says that the 308's run the same pads as the 280's, where as the ones ive just put on have like 1/2mm each side of the pad on the disc.
So unless the pads over hang on the 280 disc I find it hard to see how the pads are the same.

The carriers are the expensive part tbh.

You going m32 with this then lockeh? :ninja:
Maybeeeeee ;)

1 - 20 of 338 Posts