Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone looking to see if anyone can give me the top end torque settings for the X10xe engine 59bhp 3 cylinder 2003. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have the Haynes and the Vx guides in my vehicle, but it's middle of the night now. I'll have a chance to look later Thurs. By all means, 'bump' post to remind me if I don't reply by the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have them now. I'm going to list the torque wrench settings from section 1A2 of Haynes
Right-hand engine mounting to body bolts 40Nm ((30 lbf ft)
Right-hand engine mounting to engine bracket bolts
Stage 1 60Nm
Stage 2 angle tighten by a further 30 degrees
Stage 3 angle tighten by a further 15 degrees

I don't know if that's what you're after. I assumed you meant cylinder head bolts but I didn't see numbers in that section.
I'll look around both books some more

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
This dowwnload might be handy, by the way, it's free:

I've re-read Haynes' cylinder head refitting, and it says tighten in the reverse order to loosening (I can supply that info) to the torques in the Specification Section to Stage 1, then 2, 3 and 4. Headscratching because the spec section only mentions mounting bolts, not head bolts and "stage 4" not at all. I doubt if the Vx owner's manual says anything other than "take to a Vx dealer" but I'll look.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Blimey, this was like a Krypton Factor test, but the Haynes (see the download link I posted earlier) does have the numbers. It's in section 2A.2 Torque Wrench Settings for 1.0 and 1.2 litre petrol engine

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
De nada, happy to help and sorry I took so long. Had a time-consuming distraction on. Downloading the freebie Haynes is well worth doing. I'd forgotten that I'd done that on this computer, which I don't use so much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts