Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Firestone is bad, it happens to my father's car, with Firestone in front, a wheel is having a very large loss of grip, I thought that the same oil floor or so, but I got to lose the car at 30 in a roundabout , and I'm having dry traction losses coming out in 1 or things like that, some curves are beginning to give me respect, why is it? drawing they have and they are fine 4 o'clock

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
No personal experience, but I am a tyre nerd and read reviews on tyres when I see some cheap wheels/tyres. Firestones have scored badly in comparison tests for some years now with Auto Bild, Auto Express etc. Not just in comparison to Michelin, Continental, Goodyear but well behind the middle band like Nexen, Maxxis, Hankook and really hovering in the region of the Chinese Three-A and Pure Joy Road Fun Happy brands that I would think twice about using even in bone-dry Malaga summers.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the brand is bad, and seeing the path that Bridgestone has taken in basic ranges they are getting worse and worse, but I did not expect to cross the car in second gear, I don't care a bit but my father that lash will not know how to straighten it, that's why I'm worried If the rubber is in bad condition or do you know of any more report, because it goes fabric, it even scares at 60kmh dry

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Firestone doesn't get good reviews. Like a lot of so called top end brands they are not all as good as the price might suggest.

I have found the Yokohama's great but they do crack after 4-5 years often before they wear out too.
Pirelli P-Zero Nero's have been good for a while too. Had a set put on the Tigra B and they seem to grip well.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
For dad driving, there are mid-price brands that will be very good warm weather tyres, even in the rain that Galicia gets. Hankook Ventus Prime 3 and Maxxis Premitra 5 (HP5) will be far better than the budget brands and the Maxxis in particular is not much more expensive,.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It must be noted Firestone are normally very hard wearing which means they use a harder compound which take longer to warm up and give less grip it's basically an offset between softer compound good grip and high wear and harder compound lesser grip but longer wear .
All tyre companies in UK state performance ratings for dry and wet grip .
I only ever use Michelin tyres now as I am from UK and they have good grip in the wet rating A for the ones I use since UK is 60% + wet so I don't care about being B grade in the dry as you are much more likely to need max braking cornering grip in the wet and prevent possible accidents .
Continental do a tyre rated A in dry and B in wet it's what you prefer do some research and also how much rain you have to drive in I probably would switch tyres if I lived in a 90% dry climate
Also note different countries have slightly different tyre compounds due to temperature ranges make sure the Firestone's are suitable for your temperature range it could be that they are not from your country and are overheating or too cold to produce correct grip .
If you can afford it and are keeping the car long term do some research and invest in a good quality set of tyres for your car it is your direct connection to the road and put those Firestone's in the bin .

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or they are bad or I am very used to changing the semis with a normal wheel xD even so that car was always with toyo and it was phenomenal

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I reflimate the topic to comment on the decline of the bridgestone group, this morning with the wet street, and I stepped on the ground in 1 from idle, and when accelerating it started to lose traction, without biting the clutch, and passed to second it opened fully and the same , it has not happened to me neither with toyo, nor continental, it is unthinkable that they approve this to circulate, if it behaves like that in a common diedel, I do not want to see them in an emergency swerve

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
The Rovelos on my Focus are already "skitty". Now that temperatures are regularly <7C, I can feel the difference through my buttocks. Ridges in the road surface cause momentary loss of traction in the dry and especially in the wet. I really need to switch to my M+S tyres. Of course, Rovelos are cheap budget tyres and one would expect better of Firestone but they are not much better in reality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts