Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
North West Photographer
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got home from a long trip today to find i now have a loud squeeky noise when i turn left, and a different kinda squeeky noise when the car is moving along normally.

Helpy :(

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Brakes don't have to be applied to make the squeekey noise, turning the wheel can set it off aswell. Check your pads asap, I had the exact same problem and it turned out I had no pads left and consequently had to replace the discs and the pads at my last service.

·
North West Photographer
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gah mine does this too! If you travel in a straight line and move the wheel left a bit yeah? Does my bloody head in.

yea it does that, which is annoying, then it also does it if the car is just moving along the road normally

·
North West Photographer
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brakes don't have to be applied to make the squeekey noise, turning the wheel can set it off aswell. Check your pads asap, I had the exact same problem and it turned out I had no pads left and consequently had to replace the discs and the pads at my last service.

how does that work then? and how much to replace the pads and disk/s ?

might get a brake disk / pad upgrade then if needed.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
does it do it when stationary as well?

I have the same problem when turning left, seems a higher pitched squeek when not moving and a clunk when driving. i'm convinced its the steering rack, a local garage where I had the mot done recently said its down to having huge 16" irmy alloy wheels :lol:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.