Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Thinking of lowering my car (2004 SRi CDTi) 30 or 40 mm, but had a few questions:

1st, what's the standard right height? i'm assuming all SRi's should have pretty much the same ride height figures?

2: Will springs designed for a Corsa C 1.2/1.4/1.8 fit the 1.7 ok or are there differences?

3: Are SRi's lower than say SXi's? If so, will 40 mm springs made for the Corsa only actually lower it say 35 or whatever the difference is between the two?

Appologies if these q's have been asked before (i did search!), or if i'm being stupid, but wanted to confirm a few things. :)

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
iirc SRi's are 15mm lower than standard corsas (feel free to correct me) i highly doubt that 1.2 spring will be a good idea as dielsel blocks are extremely heavy, much more than a petrol 1.2 block, i have just bought the spax rsx kit which are designed for the 1.4/1.7/1.8 corsas so that would be my suggestion to get, motorsport world currently have a deal on them which is well worth it

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate...agreed, the diesel engine is a heavy beast in comparison, but on certain sites they list springs as being suitable for 1.2/1.4/1.8 models, all for one spring, but the 1.7 didnt factor in, so didn't know. guessing best to play it safe and just find some with 1.7 in the title ;) that way im assuming they should be setup to match the car a bit better perhaps.

do you intend on fitting them yourself?

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
yea bud im plan on fitting them next week, fitted my hottuning ones to my 1.2 so the mounting points should all be the same so i know kind of what im doing plus i have the haynes manual ;)

yea the spring would fit but i wouldnt use it due to the weight of the block but yea id stick to ones that are described for the 1.7, best to play it safe :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
The SRi springs are -15mm lower than SXi springs as standard. Most springs are a universal fit and will fit any model, from a 1.0 to a 1.8, take the -40mm Apex springs for example.

I decided to go with the Apex springs, and was unsure whether or not it would lower it 25mm (due to it being 15mm lower already) or 40mm - and it lowered mine by an extra 40mm due to the engine weight, which would be the same in your case as the 1.7 engines are a lot heavier than the 1.2 engines.

If you go for Eibach springs, then it'll lower it whatever it says on the box as Eibach make separate springs for the SRi (1.4, 1.7 and 1.8) models! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot Josh and Lockeh, some very helpful information here! :thumbs: Useful info that even though the SRis are lower, engine weight seems to compensate. Tempted by the Eibachs/Spaxs, but I'll see if I can scout out a bargain alternative that mention 1.7 in the title first ;)

Lockeh - what Haynes manual do you use? was under the impression there wasn't one for the 1.7, so which would be the next best fit as it were, just for stuff like this rather than engine related matters?

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Lockeh - what Haynes manual do you use? was under the impression there wasn't one for the 1.7, so which would be the next best fit as it were, just for stuff like this rather than engine related matters?
I've got the facelift corsa manual, corsa 04 > 06, all the corsa's are built on the same basis with little things being different i.e. 1.8 rear beam etc. im sure it has all the info for all the facelift corsa's 1.0/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.7/1.8

i would got and get it but its in the garage and rents are asleep :(

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries Lockeh, know which one you mean and will probably pick one up next time I'm in Halfords, or try and order cheap off the net.

Josh - those are the ones I'm considering, but seeing if I can dig out anything for a bit less - probably won't be able to and still get something quality, but I'll give it a go all the same :lol:

thanks again guys, much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
No worries Lockeh, know which one you mean and will probably pick one up next time I'm in Halfords, or try and order cheap off the net.

Josh - those are the ones I'm considering, but seeing if I can dig out anything for a bit less - probably won't be able to and still get something quality, but I'll give it a go all the same :lol:

thanks again guys, much appreciated!
Eibach's are the best springs money can buy, in fact I'm thinking of getting some now! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts