Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted my DIY shelf yesterday, took bout 30-45mins to make and fit with speakers....looks wicked (sorry no pics, i dont have a digital camera, i'll try and nick a mates one!)...anyways it cost me £15 to do......i had plenty of 18mm MDF at home so i used that and the bloke at my local ICE place gave me 2meters of acoustic carpet for a tenner! and some spay for £5 (that stuff is real sticky so dont get it on your clothes, i ruined a pair of jeans :x )

well it looks wicked, u would never tell the difference and sounds great (with my infinty speakers! not amped up...but they sound tops, anyone else runnin 6x9's of the standard HU?)

if anyone has any questions on the shelf just ask, its all very simple, there is a guide on here somewhere so i wont bother making anonther one!

strat

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yer i've got my inifinity 6x9's runnin off the standard HU, just unplugged the rear speakers and connected the wire to my 6x9's, easy! i also used the standard parcel shelf + a bit of mdf, easy as pie, still waiting for my carpet though (been about a week now) so just need that to finish the job!

I originally had problems with the wiring at first because the wires were hangin down and comin out of the terminals (didnt have the time to fix it at the time) anyway, i soldered them and stapled the wire to the mdf!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exactly what i have done...used the original shelf and put some mdf onto it, good idea about the wires tho

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
C4RSA said:
Yer i've got my inifinity 6x9's runnin off the standard HU, just unplugged the rear speakers and connected the wire to my 6x9's, easy! i also used the standard parcel shelf + a bit of mdf, easy as pie, still waiting for my carpet though (been about a week now) so just need that to finish the job!

I originally had problems with the wiring at first because the wires were hangin down and comin out of the terminals (didnt have the time to fix it at the time) anyway, i soldered them and stapled the wire to the mdf!

u said u stapled the wires back on to the MDF, but what if u need to take the shelf off? what do u do?

·
Registered
388 Posts
dusnt sound very good? ask sweeny... he knows! they sound top dollar as they are jl subs... but only a cheap amp (splx) you unclip the wires for the back speakers, cut off the clip (but save for later wen u put them back!) and wire these wires into a rca adaptor then wire that into ur amps through the rca lead plugs. then you just wire it up as you normally would an amp i.e. positive, ground, and wires into subs. oh, but you need another power supply to ur amp, so connect the remote wire to the positive and into the remote channel. voila!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
i was just thinkin that! i have also made an mdf shelf for mine! and yes, the glue is very very sticky!! im unsure whether i want leather or carpet... dunno. leather wud b different to most i think although i have seen a few on here already! and i made a seperate piece of wood (piece of 2" by 1" 35" long!) with a hole in one end and a sort of er... "cut out" in the other. like a U shape as you look at it. get me? then screwed the mdf to the top of that and it lifts out easily!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i was kinda thinkin of what C4RSA said earlier in that he stapled 'because the wires were hangin down and comin out of the terminals (didnt have the time to fix it at the time) anyway, i soldered them and stapled the wire to the mdf!'

so was wondering what he did if he needed to take the shelf out, coz id like to have mine stapled but then thort i may need to take it out in the future but how coz there stapled !

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Use a multiplug connector that you can plug in/out quickly. They are about £2-3 from maplin. This way your shelf remains totally removable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts