Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
50,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He broke his wrist and couldn't drive for a month a left it during the snowy weather and the battery died. Anyway he had a jumpstart and since then his spanner light has been on. He has no fault codes. It isn't in limp mode and is still reaching over 4k revs without any problem and seems to be pulling away and driving pretty much as normal.

Only thing i've noticed is that his car sounds well only way to describe it is a bit chainy. Wouldn't say it's a timing chain tick because i had that on mine and can tell the difference but it doesn't sound normal. Exhaust sounds like it's kicking out a bit more as well but the emissions light has not come on.

Anyone have a possible idea as to why?
(05 1.0 Life)

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
from what i've heard the 1.0l's sound more rattly than the 1.2's etc anyway?

exhaust maybe kicking out a bit more because its just been sitting there?

·
Registered
161 Posts
it would be an immobiliser fault afaik best way a found to sort it was to disconnect battery at both terminals and then connect neg first then pos that has always worked for me its jus coz battery was dead thats all hope it kinda helps

·
Premium Member
50,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this light came on on my dash but i couldnt get above 40mph :lol: so must not be the same thing!
LOL limp mode ftl

from what i've heard the 1.0l's sound more rattly than the 1.2's etc anyway?

exhaust maybe kicking out a bit more because its just been sitting there?
Doubt it. As i said this tick has only happened since he jump started. Before that the car sounded fine.

As for the exhaust i expect it's to do with the spanner light because when mine came on not long ago it was letting off more emissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts