Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1168 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm new to the forum and this is my new project car, exactly as i bought it. I have big plans for it, probably not to everybodys taste but thats life. Should be starting the work in the next couple of weeks and I'll keep the thread updated.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments, the wheels won't be staying, nor the rubbing strips but they aren't high priority.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Westfield in the background looks a bit quick ;)
It's not a Westfield, it's a Sylva striker which are quicker and handle better :) 0 - 60 3.5 sec with two people in, top speed only 120 as it's got the aerodynamics of an office block but most people have given up the chase by then.

Those wheels look huge!
17" they are awfull but there is a lot to do before I can order the correct ones...... All will become clear in the next 12 months!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not much progress this week as i'm still waiting for lots of bits n pieces....

just part of the pile of bits that will never be refitted.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally removed all the standard internal loom and fitted a lightweight heater.

Paired down rear loom laid out, just needs clipping in position.

Have also machined a pair of spigot rings for my front brake upgrade. Tomorrows jobs remove the engine bay loom and start on its replacement, also need a temporary console to hold the switch gear, fuses etc.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Made some progress with the engine bay loom, not much to see so no photos. Whilst waiting for the parcel man with more wiring supplies I removed the inlet manifold and modified it .....

To accept a mechanical throttle body and a MAP sensor, that should give some clues to where I'm ultimately heading with this project.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little more progress. A very, very temporary centre console to house the fuses,relays and switchgear whilst i complete the re-wiring.

And the new instrument and warning lights in place (again temporarily) to check the layout and wire up.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last Thursday fired Cecil up for the first time on his new engine management and it did fire up and idle first time which was a shock! I've driven him around the block and to say I havent mapped him yet he drives pretty well. Here's a few more photos. Nothing spectacular to look at but progress none the less.
Here's the engine bay with mechanical throttle, just need to remove the abs pump this weekend and he can go for an MOT before the current one expires.

I also had a couple of hours to spare so removed the sound deadening pads in the back and clipped the wiring down.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing much to see again.

ABS gone and MOT passed...

Door trims now gone, just need to get some polycarbonate windows and then panel the inside of the door..

Almost all the surplus internal brackets are now gone as well as the sound deadening pads.

So should be able to fit a pair of these shortly.

1 - 20 of 1168 Posts