Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1161 - 1168 of 1168 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,161
Mr drew im in need of your expertise!! I’ve had an engine swap done on my zafira gsi and after it was done my car now won’t select anything other than 3rd which it’s stuck in!! The gearbox was fine before although the lever in the car was sloppy it worked I’ve taken the cables off and can manually move it back and forth but the knuckle to go up/Down won’t budge,do you know if anything could get damage other than the selector

It’s only nuts and bolts,don’t be afraid!!
Sorry, not really up on the later gearboxes, the last vauxhall one I had in bits was an F10 twenty plus years ago! I can't think of anything you can do on an engine swap that would cause the problem. Is it definitely your box? Might also be worth checking the oil level, I have seen a box that wouldn't come out of gear because it had been stood and the selectors were 'dry'

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Amazing work as always.

Really makes me miss mine. Being completely serious, how much would it cost to get you to make me a rear bumper?
Have waited over a year now to try and find someone to sort mine so could finally finish fitting the bodykit, but no one is interested (bumper is **** fit and quality).
Once bumper and back end is sorted we may be able to get somewhere with the bodywork and get it closer to back on the road finally.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,163
Amazing work as always.

Really makes me miss mine. Being completely serious, how much would it cost to get you to make me a rear bumper?
Have waited over a year now to try and find someone to sort mine so could finally finish fitting the bodykit, but no one is interested (bumper is **** fit and quality).
Once bumper and back end is sorted we may be able to get somewhere with the bodywork and get it closer to back on the road finally.

Hi Brad

Sorry to hear you're having more troubles. I could make you a fibre glass and kevlar bumper, It would be around £200, No idea how to ship it though! Also I cant guarantee that it would be a better fit that what you have now, I know mine isn't great around the hatch and has a 'twist' across the width of the car. Do you have any photos of how bad it is?

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Will try getting the bodyshop to take some images Monday. I know it is quite thin and weak across most of bumper, and the mounts by the tailgate aren't that great.

Will have a word and if they think will be worth getting you to make one I will more than happily come and pick it up from you once completed.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,166
Yes, he's up and running. I've replaced the 470cc injectors with 630cc ones as they were maxed and then started winding the boost up and making map adjustments to suit. Currently around 18psi with it tapering to 17psi at 7000RPM. I'll continue mapping till I get to 20psi but will likely run at a flat 18psi, which is all I can use in third gear without the traction control switched on, performance is pretty brisk as it is with 40mph to 70mph taking 2.4 seconds. The only other work i've done is replace the oil suction pipe on the gearbox which was leaking and fit a gearbox oil temperature sensor.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,168
The car is fitted with a xap x-dash. It allows you to program various screen layouts and setup warnings and has shift lights built in.

1161 - 1168 of 1168 Posts