Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1221 - 1236 of 1236 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,232 ·
Finally an update. Literally the day after my last update I went down with the covid which knocked me out for two weeks, then work crap and christmas means I havent done much, however the last few weekends I got back on it..

The rear undertray I've been using was an off the shelf item that was thick fibreglass and didnt really fit and I have to run a large aluminium tray to reach from the suspension beam to the undertray which made suspension checks and adjustments a pain, so, off with the tray and out with the power tools.

added an extension to the front, the 'skid plates' give it some shape and will have foam embedded in them to increase stifness of the finished tray, also added two ' diffuser tunnels' at the sides which will do nothing but will look trick.

Adding lots of filler to get the radiuses in the corners etc

and the first coat of primer applied.

It will probably need another four coats before I can start flatting it to the final finish.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,233 ·
Now the weather has finally warmed up, a bit, I've made the mould for the undertray

and started on a cover for the fuel tank. First step is to create an offset mould off the boot floor so i covered the area in 1mm thick wax.

then made a splash mould

So I could make a collar that fit the floor perfectly and then started building the rest of the cover.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,234 ·
A little more work completed on the tank cover pattern.

Then we stripped the aluminium undertray off of the back of the car. It bridged the gap from the rear seat back to the old fibreglass undertray so the piece that was in the way of suspension adjustments was chopped off.

and the new longer, lighter, undertray fitted, it needs new fasteners and its a impossible to get a good picture of but here you go.

Total weight saving around 2.8kgs, but more importantly I can get to the rear suspension much easier now for adjustments.

1221 - 1236 of 1236 Posts