Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1241 - 1245 of 1245 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,241 ·
Oooops.

So I managed to spin the corsa yesterday on a piece of road that I must have driven on 1000's of times and I have no idea how!
Nobody else was involved, nobody got hurt, obviously the wheel's chewed up , the trailing arm has seen better days.

and the new undertray took a beating.

Everything has been stripped off and the materials are on order to make a new arm so we should be back on the road in no time.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,245 ·
Sorry to hear it Andy! It's been so dry recently (down south at least) it could just be a build up of rubber on the road?

Is the wheel okay (other than looking chewed up)?
Hey, yes the wheel seems okay, It looked true when I span it over before stripping the back end, even the wheel bearing seems fine!

After a lot of reflection I think I know how it happened. I had exited a roundabout that is built on the side of a hill ,the elevation change is about 8 meters from entry to exit, as you exit the road levels then dips whilst turning before straightening up and carrying on down the hill. I think I lifted the throttle to short shift and managed to do it right where the road drops away and that brought the back around, i just wasnt expecting it at 30mph whilst almost going straight! It's a twitchy bugger under heavy braking into roundabouts but i'm expecting it then.

Anyway got a new arm finished yesterday and the beam is back in the car, just need to get the wheels on and then get out the strings and do an alignment.

1241 - 1245 of 1245 Posts