Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the time came for a new car, was set on a 350Z but just a week before i was about to split the C i got t boned by a daft bint of a woman, who then blamed me! If it was my fault i'd say so but how she got away with it i don't know, then just a week later it got smashed into again while i was in the gym, found out who did it and i took matters of both crashes into my own hands but that's another story :ninja: HG also died but after losing no claims the only things i wanted that i could insure were a BM or a clio 200. Decided on a nice cruiser instead of another hatch so i could do a few mods then just enjoy it instead of constantly fixing/changing things so here's what i got

It's an 07 2.5 and at first i was put off by the auto, but it's so smooth and i actually prefer it, suits this car perfect as i wanted a nice cruiser and that's what it is, by all means it's not fast at 215bhp but it's a definite upgrade from the C and it's nice to have useable torque for once

Current mods / specs

All the usual trim like start button cruise control xenons etc
Full grey leather interior
M3 lip spoiler
M3 alloys
M3 rep bonnet
M3 rear bumper
M sport front bumper
Custom exhaust system
Double din HU with rear cam, sat nav and loads of connections for ipod/iphone and freeview TV or wifi if i buy the adapters, but i didn't bother

Immidiately after buying it wanted to get rid of the yellowy angel eyes

So tried new bulbs

Look alot better at night (camera doesn't pick up the inner ring well but it's less of a blob in person)

Problem was that when you turn the low beams on the angels automatically dim from 35w to 22w, no idea why BMW put that in but it's factory, so at some stage i will buy a cable and download the software to programme it out, i've done enough research on it so i'll programme a few other little bits too :)

The same week i bought it i filled her up and took it up to Dan.H's for some work

Already had plans what i wanted to do before i bought it, as much as i love the M3 add ons i wanted rid of the chrome vents and the standard wheel colour so off came the wheels and we took the bonnet off too because it was faster than taking the vents out as they where painful

While Dan set about masking the wheels and vents up i started fiddling with other bits e.g debadging and masking the chrome trim up so i could just spray it matte black while Dan got on with the other bits, hated the chrome and didn't want any gay M3 badges on as i'm well aware it's not an M3, didn't take pics of them all

Before anyone asks, yes it was also easier to mask the sides up rather than take the trim off, alot of them bend and brake and i couldn't be bothered buying new ones :lol:

After some paint baking and correcting and a night of beer, everything was pretty much ready to go

Dan added a difference to the wheels, gloss black with diamond pearl in that shines when light hits it

Everything was put back on then i went home to give her a good clean

Grilles had arrived by the time i got home so off with the old

Then on with the new and a clean

And that's how she stands now looking a bit meaner

no real good pictures yet but i'm waiting on more things to arrive, my future plans -

Yellow calipers and yellow dice valve caps
All new black and white badges / centre caps (reason why i left them off)
Complete interior and reg plate bulb changes to bright white
Lamin-x for the rear lights
Pressed plates
New bulbs for angels (GP Thunders, really bright white)
New d1s main bulbs, i want 8k rather than what it has now
Coding cable and software for little upgrades

And thats it :)

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Looking mint bud :yes:

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Not bad my friend not bad at all, how's the evo?
good stuff :D

Yeah Evo's good cheers bud not much changed this year planning on few bits after Xmas tho :)

·
Premium Member
46,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely, why they bother to put it on cars as standard is beyond me. Has that edge to it now and compliments the colour of the car.
On some its an optional extra! People on the bimmer forums even trade in their black ones for chrome, it's nuts :lol:

·
Premium Member
46,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice mate love the colour to. Think it needs lowering though will look a lot better.
The pics make it look higher, i would like to lower but the point of buying it was so i don't go too far lol

looks well Mikey :yes:
Cheers babe :kiss:

Nice mate I just don't like the bonnet :(
Looks exactly the same as the M3 bonnet and i love everything about the M3's :D

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
On some its an optional extra! People on the bimmer forums even trade in their black ones for chrome, it's nuts :lol:
They can't be car lovers. :lol:

I would never choose chrome over black, ruins the look of any car, especially one with black wheels.

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
It's because it's all opposite with bmw
I went from black leather to wood in my car. If that was any other car it would go the opposite.

Most people want black so to be different you go for chrome.

·
Premium Member
46,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They can't be car lovers. :lol:

I would never choose chrome over black, ruins the look of any car, especially one with black wheels.
Exactly bro

It's because it's all opposite with bmw
I went from black leather to wood in my car. If that was any other car it would go the opposite.

Most people want black so to be different you go for chrome.
Sack doing stuff to be different, if i think it looks crap it's gone lol i don't like the woodgrain dashes on BM's, happy with mine :) only thing i'm thinking of doing is pulling the gear knob off and vinyling it gloss black because its worn

1 - 20 of 126 Posts