Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 Corsa C SXI.. it all drives well until I get up to the 4,000 rpm mark and then the car enters limp mode and misfires and also shows the amber engine light. It fixes itself if I turn off the engine and restart it but will do it again. I have changed spark plugs, coil pack and even the fuel filter. This has obviously made the car run better but hasn鈥檛 fixed the issue, I鈥檓 worrying it may be a problem with the ECU? Anybody help? I may get the injectors looked at next however I am unsure if this will be a problem. I鈥檓 not very mechanically minded ahhh!

Registered
Hello, welcome to ccuk. First of all, have a read of this and carry out the procedure, note down the fault codes and post them up on your thread. By the sound of it, you should have fault codes stored in your system.

This behaviour rings my memory bells, I'm sure I can find some relevant previous threads (and others here will be able to advise simply from their all-round godly knowledge) but let's get as much info together before buying more bits that may not be necessary.

Btw, though - what coil pack did you get? Perhaps the cheaper ones on ebay or at the local parts store? I've lost count of the number of people who replace the OEM coil pack (which wasn't the problem) with an no-name one, do all sorts of other work and then find out that their new coil pack has been preventing the C from running properly even after the first problem has now been fixed. The C is very uncooperative with Chineebay sensors and coil packs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Morning. Thanks a lot for the response it鈥檚 driving me mad this is. I鈥檝e just done the pedal test, codes 0300, 0301, 0302 & 0304 was the ones that showed up. The new coil pack I put in is a HAAS brand one from Euro Car parts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE - I put the old coil pack back in. Runs fine but still does it at 4K ish revs. However it doesn鈥檛 seem to misfire as much now. The light comes on and sometimes goes off.

Registered
Thing is the engine is triggering multiple cylinder misfires, send the coil pack back and buy one from another supplier, you need Bosch as anything else isnt good enough.....

Registered
Multiple misfire codes are often fuel pressure related which is why it needs checking.

I've seen cranksensors cause misfire codes too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts