Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Vauxhall Corsa
1.0 Litre Engine (3 cylinder)
54k Miles (although must have had this problem for 2 years since about 40k)

We get a misfire like juddering when driving in pretty much all gears. Really really annoying. The car doesnt have great power but i guess this is normal for a 1.0 Litre. The problem normally goes away when you are on the motorway at 70.

1. We have no fault lights on the dash.
2. Spark Plugs Replaced
3. Coil Pack Replaced
4. When getting an MOT the garage did a quick compression test in front of me and said it was ok on that front.

Wondering what else I can try? I read from another misfire post the MASM and the O2 Sensors came up so I am tempted to get the parts ordered up to try them next.

Any other ideas please?? I am new here and appreciate your help. I am hoping you guys are in the know of what could fix this annoying problem.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You are on the wrong forum, however I will reply with a couple of checks.

Have you had the timing of the engine checked against the Marks?

When was the coil pack and spark plugs last changed? (EDIT: I see you changed the cool pack and spark plugs), what brand of coil pack and plugs? Check also for oil or water around the spark plugs.

Remove the ECU and have an auto electrician open it and assess it for water damage.

Hope this helps
Cal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if it is the wrong forum but thanks for you response.

I can confirm no signs of water or oil around plugs. replaced twice now.

1. Timing of the engine is a new one. I will see how I can get this checked.
2. ECU - Was suggested by the garage as a last resort they would put a new ECU in for me. Its good you are now the second person to suggest looking at this.

Cal do you think its a good idea for me to order a MASM to check if this sorts the problem? Ridex is the cheapest but are they any good? Varying prices on these. What brands do you recommend?

·
Registered
391 Posts

This is a link to changing the timing chain, but the engine gets set and locked, if you cant fit the locking kit then the timing is out. I cant remember if there is timing Mark's on the chain sprockets.

The easiest way to get the locking kit is to ask a garage to check it. An hour will check the timing, if it's out there may be damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts