Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem a little while ago, my sub and amp just stopped working one night, so i took it into the place where i had it installed and they informed me it had cut out due to my battery being duff! so ive had a new battery put in (not just for this reason) and my sub and amp worked for a while when i was driving it home and then ive just gone out to take pics now and theres no power to the amp (no light on) and nothing from the sub. now ive checked all the wires and rechecked the earth aload of times but still dont understand it! any suggestions? :( thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have you checked the fuses both in the amp, and the in-line fuse on your power cable? Easy to overlook it, weve all been there, especially me!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uhm no good point, it wouldnt surprise me cus ive had battery problems, i was sold one that was too tall and when i shut the bonnet, the pos shorted on my bonnet + burnt ha! so it wouldnt surprise me if i had blown the fuse, will i be able to see if its blown with naked eye? cheers

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just had a quick look at they dont seem to be broken or burnt out :S so annoying, no-one can seem to put there finger on it

·
Registered
97 Posts
mate, this might sound daft, but take them out and make sure theres no dirt or anything on them. I had crap accumulating in my under bonnet fuse sumhow, and it cut the power to the amp, but a visual inspection showed a fuse which was fine!!

if that doesnt work, try relocating your earth point elsewhere in the boot. i had nothing but trouble with an old JBL amp until I changed the grounding point, ran sweet for years after that.

good luck, its a [email protected] when you have no bass!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts