Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave:

Just had MOT, all fine so nothing to report there.

On the advisory section it says:

"Offside inner front drag link end ball joint has slight play"

Now I did inspect the car before and It did have some play on the driver's front wheel when rocking at the 9 and 3o'clock position, I concluded it's the tie rod end/track rod end whatever you call it

So is the above another meaning for the track rod end ball joint? It says Inner, so is this something inside the gator inside the steering rack?

I hope it's the tie rod, easy to replace so no need to ask how to do that.

Thanks.

·
Wales Organiser
50,217 Posts
failed my mot on both drop link ball joints having excessive play. Replaced the links.. job done

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K just been out and peeled back the steering rack gator, It's in fact the inner track rod ball joint, not the outer one which many people replace.

It's a funny name, I would never call them "drag links" or "drum sticks" what the guy at the garage said when I had the MOT. It's the track rod ball joint inside the gator.

there's only slight play when moving it in and out, as the ball is loose in its socket, I now need to learn how to replace it

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome to ccuk, this thread was last updated in 2013. You'd be much better off starting a new thread in the mechanical section if you have any issue you'd like advice about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.