Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I don't know the movie but, because of lockdowns and having no friends or social life, I tried some research on that number plate (B eating U) and think I found the answer. It's not Duel, but I assume that the film it suggested is a horror movie, as I suspected.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I would agree. The Ford Anglia (I think a much older brother owned one for a while) has an unusual characteristic. The rear windscreen has a rake like \ rather than like /

I don't know of any other car that has that feature. I imagine it doesn't do well in the wind tunnel.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Haha, "We have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

I never did see the film because a friend of my brother (who wasn't in) came round and went through the entire plot of Blues Brothers ("oh, hang on, I missed out a bit. Go back to when they've just finished playing at the bar. Elwood then says..."). After 1.5hrs - longer than the actual film, I bet - he finally left my house and I never wanted to hear a mention of the film ever again.

I only get half-points because I know the film but someone else will have to complete the make of the car. Despite that, I'll take the next turn:

I think the colour is too blue (should be blue/green) but what's the car and what's the film?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Well, I know the car (anyone my age would know their older mates/brother's Lustmobile) but Terry from Minder had a white one so I'll have to think...

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I found a website (there's a website for everything) featuring all The Professionals cars. I remember quite a few cardboard boxes being needlessly chucked up into the air by Mk3 Capris doing 6k revs in 2nd gear but, again, not in this colour. Still thinking...

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Ah, I would never have got that. I thought they only had a Reliant Robin. It figures - that Capri looked a bit bodged for Bodie and Doyle. OK, wu11ie, your turn to upload a movie/TV car (bear in mind that jewels is in Spain so UK TV might be a bit hard for him).

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
It reminds me of Top Gear's episode with Clarkson in the Reliant Robin (Phil Oakey of Human League helped him lift it back upright as he continuously overturned it around Yorkshire). Back in the late 70s, biker mates of mine would sometimes also own a Robin (could it be driven on a m/c licence?). I remember two Stoke-on-Trent bikers left the pub in a hurry as some unfriendly other bikers turned up, jumped into their Robin and sped (relatively) off. Except two of the unfriendlies ran up and lifted the rear of the car. They were sat sheepish as their rear wheels spun uselessly. No violence followed; everyone was just peeing themselves laughing.

EDIT: ooh, I've just thought of a good movie car if you're struggling for an idea, wu11ie.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts