Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Lamborghini Countach, of course, and in black I'm guessing Cannonball Run. I don't think your pic is a still from the film, so it may be from something else, but I'll claim the rights to the next go anyway.

When I saw the film, I thought it might be (should've gone to SpecSavers) a Skoda but it isn't, of course. A difficult car to identify and the film also. A little clue is that the movie is the final part in a trilogy.

EDIT: I've just realized the plate is a total giveaway, if you know your Cyrillic alphabet

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lamborghini Countach, of course, and in black I'm guessing Cannonball Run. I don't think your pic is a still from the film, so it may be from something else, but I'll claim the rights to the next go anyway.

View attachment 36256

When I saw the film, I thought it might be (should've gone to SpecSavers) a Skoda but it isn't, of course. A difficult car to identify and the film also. A little clue is that the movie is the final part in a trilogy.

EDIT: I've just realized the plate is a total giveaway, if you know your Cyrillic alphabet
The Bourne Supremacy

The taxi (Volga 3310) he steals to get away from Kirill who's driving a G Wagon

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Specsavers again. In the morning, I thought it was a Datsun Sunny Coupe (my mum had the 120Y estate - even less glamorous) and couldn't think of any film. Silly me - it's Bond again (why Roger Moore ended up in so many rubbish cars, I don't know) - The Man With the Golden Gun. It's an AMC (first I'd heard of AMC was this film - presumably they must have paid to be featured) but I can't remember the model name.

If I'm allowed to scrape a 'win' on a 3/4 correct answer, here's the next one

There are two cars to be identified, both going the wrong way on the other carriageway (the "75" on the plates gives the location away). If you haven't seen the film, I strongly recommend you watch at least this chase scene. I first watched it on a 14" TV on a wooden chair a metre or so away and I was holding the arms, subconsciously shifting left and right as the action progressed. I still consider it the best car chase (and the movie has a few) ever recorded.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Specsavers again. In the morning, I thought it was a Datsun Sunny Coupe (my mum had the 120Y estate - even less glamorous) and couldn't think of any film. Silly me - it's Bond again (why Roger Moore ended up in so many rubbish cars, I don't know) - The Man With the Golden Gun. It's an AMC (first I'd heard of AMC was this film - presumably they must have paid to be featured) but I can't remember the model name.

If I'm allowed to scrape a 'win' on a 3/4 correct answer, here's the next one
View attachment 36261

There are two cars to be identified, both going the wrong way on the other carriageway (the "75" on the plates gives the location away). If you haven't seen the film, I strongly recommend you watch at least this chase scene. I first watched it on a 14" TV on a wooden chair a metre or so away and I was holding the arms, subconsciously shifting left and right as the action progressed. I still consider it the best car chase (and the movie has a few) ever recorded.
Awesome film - Ronin

5 Series BMW and Peugeot 406.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Top marks, jewels, I would never have thought of animations (Hudson Wasp = Hudson Hornet still wouldn't have helped).

Your turn, jewels, but I just want to mention that I watched the Paris chase scene from Ronin on YouTube but found this just-as-fascinating documentary clip. I knew the director, John Frankenheimer, was a car nut and personally selected the vehicles (strange match-ups; Citroen XM vs Audi S8, BMW M5 vs Peugeot 406 - maybe it was the V6?), but I didn't know he completely dropped the hired stunt drivers in Nice and hired, on 24hrs notice, a heap of French ex F1 and rally drivers. All of the scenes were done at full speed, no use of slow frame rates to make 50mph look like 70mph. In French but subtitled in English

·
Registered
102 Posts
film CARS?
Top marks, jewels, I would never have thought of animations (Hudson Wasp = Hudson Hornet still wouldn't have helped).

Your turn, jewels, but I just want to mention that I watched the Paris chase scene from Ronin on YouTube but found this just-as-fascinating documentary clip. I knew the director, John Frankenheimer, was a car nut and personally selected the vehicles (strange match-ups; Citroen XM vs Audi S8, BMW M5 vs Peugeot 406 - maybe it was the V6?), but I didn't know he completely dropped the hired stunt drivers in Nice and hired, on 24hrs notice, a heap of French ex F1 and rally drivers. All of the scenes were done at full speed, no use of slow frame rates to make 50mph look like 70mph. In French but subtitled in English
I did say it was sneaky lol

41 - 60 of 63 Posts