Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa C 2004
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't know much about cars but after installing some speakers myself, I have found working on my car quite enjoyable.

My problem today is that my drivers side electric window doesn't close.

If I hold the up button it will go up as normal until about an inch is left and it will suddenly slow down.
It varies how much effort I have to put in to actually close it, in the below video you can see what I mean however this was a good day, sometime I could be sat there for 20 seconds closing the window.

Window closing (Side view)

I'm unsure if the window does this by design to be tight against the seal. But after taking the seal off I saw that the window pushes outwards. Again this might be by design or it could help diagnose the issue 🤷‍♂️

Window closing (Top View)

If you have any idea of what I could do or have any tips I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you, Jay.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
While you're doing that, have a look at the X shape of the bars that push the window up for signs of being bent. I have had this problem on mine, which starts to push the window forwards towards the door frame, slowing it down and actually activating the 'finger trapped' safety which shoots the window back down again.

I had a new replacement, but it's not a great design and is still an issue for me (the Heko wind deflector might be a problem and I need to check the fitment of that, but you have no Heko fitted).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts