Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my car since summer last year but have only just started driving, now interupted by corona virus :(. Since i now have loads of free time I'm trying to do a few things to my corsa c, i have ordered some lowering suspension springs and have 2 12 inch subs. Still need to fit the subs and can't decide to build or buy a sub box. Any other cheaper things i can do to generally improve the car? Thanks for any help, Lewis :)
IMG_2071.jpg
IMG_2072.jpg

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,307 Posts
welcome

nice base model any plans?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Really nice base to work with there! Looks a lot like mine.
What model is it?

Quick and easy things would be to fit wind deflectors and a shark fin radio antenna ?‍♂

Also, depending on service history maybe consider just getting it all ship shape for the road by way of oil change, oil filter change, air filter change etc etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really nice base to work with there! Looks a lot like mine.
What model is it?

Quick and easy things would be to fit wind deflectors and a shark fin radio antenna ?‍♂

Also, depending on service history maybe consider just getting it all ship shape for the road by way of oil change, oil filter change, air filter change etc etc
Like the idea of a shark fin antenna, and will defo be getting some wind deflectors!

Already done a oil change along with filter, so air filter next :) had to replace the handbrake cable too

·
Registered
79 Posts
Like the idea of a shark fin antenna, and will defo be getting some wind deflectors!

Already done a oil change along with filter, so air filter next :) had to replace the handbrake cable too
I had to do my handbrake as well. The only cable I didn't need to replace was the one connected to the handbrake handle!

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you go to the 'What have you done to your car today' thread on here, I've listed everything I've done to my silver corsa. Been busy this year and she's running like a dream - and has 124k on the clock!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you go to the 'What have you done to your car today' thread on here, I've listed everything I've done to my silver corsa. Been busy this year and she's running like a dream - and has 124k on the clock!
I like the idea of replacing the interior lights, where did you get all the LEDs from?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the idea of replacing the interior lights, where did you get all the LEDs from?
I got mine from CrazyLEDs.
I did all the interior lights except for the stereo, which I'm either going to just replace with an aftermarket single din head unit, or just leave as is.
The heater controls, mfd and dash are all pretty easy to do, though they require some drastic looking dismantling of the centre console etc.
The steering wheel controls, electric window knobs and headlight control unit all require delicate soldering of smd's, so bare that in mind.
You can get ready made sets though if soldering isn't your thing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine from CrazyLEDs.
I did all the interior lights except for the stereo, which I'm either going to just replace with an aftermarket single din head unit, or just leave as is.
The heater controls, mfd and dash are all pretty easy to do, though they require some drastic looking dismantling of the centre console etc.
The steering wheel controls, electric window knobs and headlight control unit all require delicate soldering of smd's, so bare that in mind.
You can get ready made sets though if soldering isn't your thing
I'll keep that in mind when going to do it, thanks. What colour LEDs did you fit?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll keep that in mind when going to do it, thanks. What colour LEDs did you fit?
I went for white. Looks clean and classy.
Also, when you do your MFD, you'll need to cut a piece of milk carton or similar translucent material to act as a filter.
The stock one is orange so you have to remove that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went for white. Looks clean and classy.
Also, when you do your MFD, you'll need to cut a piece of milk carton or similar translucent material to act as a filter.
The stock one is orange so you have to remove that.
Thanks for the help man, once they arrive and i get round to fitting them ill post it in the thread :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
A full service and alignment check, replace the timing chain and water pump, also do a radiator flush whilst the pump is off.

I fitted the later smoked rear light clusters from a facelift to my 51 reg C, I think the reverse lights are dimmer compared to the pre facelift lenses, something to consider if you need light to reverse down a driveway.

Also purchase a bluetooth to radio frequency converter so you can play tunes from your phone in the car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts