Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..... it's not really an "install" but it's my first one ever. It's the first bass I've ever had in a car and boy I'm blown away by this one!!! It's truly amazing, I can't decide which way to lie the box:

This way and turn speaker round

Or this conventional way

I was just worried that with the above way it may get damaged. I dunno what do you think? All I need now is a good pair of 6x9's and another amp to power so comps up front :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
like the install mate, im sure you are loving it at the minute remeber to run it all in first through or otherwise it will sound **** as time goes on !!

but good work mate keep it up and as for front speaker i brought a set of fusion speaker might be abit out of your range as 140 but the phoenix gold or jl audio ones are both very good!!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Run it in mate? How? Do you mean go easy on it for a while? No one ever told me this. I shall have to be careful with it I guess for a month or two?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You could put it in the middle between the 2 speakers to avoid any damage to it but you'll need something to keep it there!
I've never heard anything about running them in, but i suppose its common sense! You wouldn't immediately thrash something thats brand new !

·
Registered
6 Posts
running in is important - it gives the sub time to stretch and allows the coils to get used to the movement.
sound will get destorted if u dont.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was £360 from my local ICE dealer. That included the box, the wiring kit, everything. They had offers on the new JL stuff, so took it :D

If you want the model numbers of amp and sub etc I can get it for you, just ask :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
hothead_steve said:
running in is important - it gives the sub time to stretch and allows the coils to get used to the movement.
sound will get destorted if u dont.
:thumbs: Yer important to run your new speakers in, so dont crank it up too loud for a while, I gave it a week or so before I cranked mine up loud. If you dont run them in it will bugger up the coils and they go stiff so they cant move very well and your speakers will should rubbish.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you put the sub facing upwards it will push air at the 6x9's causing them to under perform i got loads of extra punch by screwin all mine to a false floor looks well better too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts