Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having replaced the rear speakers with some nice pioneer ones ( to my knowledge sound good ) I have now replaced the front two speakers with some alpine ones...

expecting them to be much better than the original stock speakers, but to my suprise there is almost no base and after somesearch on the internet it appears I may need an amp in order to get the maximum potential.

1. Does anyone have any experience with wiring an amp in to a C that they could tell me before I go trying to do it with 0 knowledge

2. I haven鈥檛 checked to see if I have put the wires the wrong way round so I will do that first.

3. I don鈥檛 know why the power to the speakers would be wrong if they seem to have the same 4 ohm symbol on the back

please let me know if you know absolutely anything about the audio issues 馃憤馃徏

Registered
What power are your new front speakers? in Watts?
What type are they? If you are unsure a photo of the box or add or model number?
What radio are you using? what audio source? radio, CD, Blue tooth, android/apple, DAB?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What power are your new front speakers? in Watts?
What type are they? If you are unsure a photo of the box or add or model number?
What radio are you using? what audio source? radio, CD, Blue tooth, android/apple, DAB?
The fronts are alpine sxe 1350s - I know theyre two way so they should work with the tweeters I presume. They lack bass really bad but the reviews I have seen for them are pretty good. Could be that I have mixed the wires up and put them on the wrong terminals.

the headunit Is the the generic double din one from eBay which very ironically works pretty well (it works with the rear speakers they sound better than the stock ones (those are pioneer gx1310f) which I鈥檓 pretty sure have the same power ratings.
Thanks for any help you can offer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Registered
Firstly you want to disconnect the factory front tweeters as it will be overloading the basic amp in the head unit.
As the Alpine speakers are only small at 13cm not 17cm which the factory ones were they will loose a lot of bass sound.
The web page you linked to has massively over rate the speaker spec's as the Pioneers are only 35watts and the Alpine 50watts which should be perfectly fine on a basic head unit.

My advise would be to get a set of 17cm front 2 way speakers at around 75-100watts to run off you current head unit and do not connect the standard tweeters, If you have detachable tweeters in you new speakers you can mount these where the old ones were.
Look for the nominal or continuous watts of the speaker not the peak as peak power can be very miss leading.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Firstly you want to disconnect the factory front tweeters as it will be overloading the basic amp in the head unit.
As the Alpine speakers are only small at 13cm not 17cm which the factory ones were they will loose a lot of bass sound.
The web page you linked to has massively over rate the speaker spec's as the Pioneers are only 35watts and the Alpine 50watts which should be perfectly fine on a basic head unit.

My advise would be to get a set of 17cm front 2 way speakers at around 75-100watts to run off you current head unit and do not connect the standard tweeters, If you have detachable tweeters in you new speakers you can mount these where the old ones were.
Look for the nominal or continuous watts of the speaker not the peak as peak power can be very miss leading.
Thank you for the reply this seems like a viable solution so I shall try this when I next go out. I think the ones I took out of the front doors were 13cm as they are identical to the rear ones I took out? I have tried reversing the polarity to make sure I had it the right way round... only made it worse.

I will disconnect the tweeters and let you know how I get on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Have just disconnected the tweeter but it has proved no avail. If anything it made the sound abit worse? I cant find how to upload a video but you can definitely tell the difference and the lack of bass...

馃槶馃槶

Registered
I suspect the front speakers are just to small to create any bass. Unless there is a setting/EQ on the head unit that needs adjusting?

Registered
Firstly I would highly recommend getting some sound proofing for the door like this as it will transform the audio in a Corsa.

These are some ok budget speaker sets that will work ok with a basic headunit,

These are the mid class ones I have in my Tigra B but you will need an amp for them that can do at least 70 watts RMS per channel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts