Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right this was kind of top secret, kind of didn't want people knowing that my car was a right off but it doesn't matter now, just want to show you guys just how much work has gone in to this car. 90% of the work done in rebuilding it back from the crash and modding has come from my own hands with help from my dad, lucky for me my dad is a mechanic and ive learnt alot about cars so i kind of know my way round a car.

Any way the car when i found it at a salvage place didn't look very bad in terms of the damage. it had full service history, two previous owners, started and drived ok, 40,000 on the clock which wasn't bad for what i paid for it. However when i started the work i soon realised that they was quite a bit of work needed but i still had a positive mind knowing that i could do something special with it.

List of the damage and things that needed changing;
New bonnet,drivers side wing, all inner wing, headlights, both rads, drivers side engine mount, support beam, bumper and arch, dashboard and bags, lucky for me the chassis leg and subframe were not damaged at all.

These are the pictures when i picked it up from the salvage place (CAT C RIGHT OFF)

Me and the oldman started the surgery had to remove all the inner wing on the drivers side.

After a lot of time and work removing all the bent bits, was time to start puting it back together again at this point engine was out and all the new bits were bought from vauxhall.

Sitting on its on wheels you recognise the wheels :salute:

Now the inside.

VIC test and MOT Time, went through an mot with no faults at all which was good news and also the vic test was fine. (Notice at this point the steels are different again because i sent the first one to get banded)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Now the modding time, the very first thing i bought was the D90's just so that i could get back some of the street cred i lost

As you can see from the above pictures it looked high so the next thing was a set of FK Coilovers.

Well more fun the steels come back, went from this.

To this.

Testing time.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The roof aswell did that myself.

Steels painted and first run.

Smooth Time.

Seats, Cage, exhaust.

Feature.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Headlights, Grille

9.5j ET -7 195 40 14

Trax

These still a lot i haven't said Bare with me, been at uni the progress will be a bit slow however still got hell of alot of plans due to come, new engine etc

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still got it mate didn't have much luck selling, most of it because its a cat c but thats fine ive done this much might aswell carry on and finish her off.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tint then lacquer bud, cant see much of the foglighting but look better i think.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so what didnt you sell :s? whats your new plans :p?????
all i sold from the car was the lights, seats and the steering wheel.

Plans are Z20LEH if i can get hold of one i know they are a ***** to wire etc but its all about the challenge. if not will look out for Z20let,
New wheel plans not sure what yet.
Interior etc

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
looks good mate im not a fan of euro but its smart

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
all i sold from the car was the lights, seats and the steering wheel.

Plans are Z20LEH if i can get hold of one i know they are a ***** to wire etc but its all about the challenge. if not will look out for Z20let,
New wheel plans not sure what yet.
Interior etc
u not sell cage :p??? and sounds good m8 :p u posted them plates out?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mate i completely forgot bout that remembed when i got back to uni i will get them sent soon mate goin home next weekend, um the cage is in my mates car at the min not sure what im doin with it yet.

·
Registered
14,089 Posts
Awesome car mate, easily one of the best on here. I will be watching this progress thread closely to see what else you bring to the table :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts