Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly chaps sorry for the quality of the pics i only have a camera phone :wall:
I have owned the car for 2 weeks now and whatever the dealers used on the wheels and tyres made them soooooooooooooo dirty and it was quite slimey (wee bit like car salesmen :p)
I used my ab lance and a mixture of elite snow foam (rather smelly) and some poorboys super suds stuff, left it to rest for the usual 5/10 mins and then rinsed it off with the pressure washer.

Before i picked the car up it was sitting under some trees and was covered with sap and other crap so i clayed the paintwork using megs clay and megs last touch diluted 1:1 and got all the crap off the paint and the trim (again there was black gunk all over the trim just like the wheels.

I then washed the car with the 2 bucket method usin megs lambswool and mf mitt for the various parts of the car and gave the wheels a good 10 min soak with the non acidic wheel cleaner from autobrite.
I then used a old bit of sponge to clean off the trim and wheels which ended up in the bin cause it was totally black and slimey. I then dried using a waffle towel and the megs lt again and gave it a quick wax with zymol carbon.
I went round all the trim with chemical guys trim restorer and before i done the outside trim i gave the interior a quick going over with it as well.
The mats are like 2 weeks old so i gave them a quick shake and a hoover
Also i done all the windows with megs fast glass, gave the front/back lights a quick shine too! :thumb:

finally heres my irmy door pins that i managed to blag free from the dealers

·
Banned
22,984 Posts
Yum!

I keep hearing this 2 bucket method, explain?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
basically the 2 bucket method is that you believe it or not have 2 buckets, one full of nice soapy water and the other just plain water.

you wash one panel at a time and one ur finished with the panel you 1st rinse ur mitt off in the normal water, takes most of the dirt and grit out the mitt and means that ur not dragging dirt and grit from 1 part of the car to another and prevents swirls.

you then obviously resoap ur mitt up, do another panel and then the cycle continues, i see ur car is black mate, i would seriously recommend it for you, cuts swirl marks right down

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
thought you said shiny :lol: jokes! pretty clean mines silver and can shine like a b**** once i've finished cleaning it.

as for the 2 bucket thing top companies now recommend both buckets filled with soapy water so you don't lose the suds in the mitt.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looking good mate

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ta i was gonna polish it all up and seal the paintwork then wax it, but ive had a long week in work and the car is still quite new, ill probs spend about 8 hours solid on it when im on holiday from work in august and get it gleaming, will give it some good protection for the winter too

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
lol, just read this on another forum

looking good :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
was detailingworld :thumbs:

·
Banned
22,984 Posts